Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: God v No God

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    for the record something can be created spontaneously from nothing and by nothing e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_polarization
    but thats a gay argument. the last sentence was a last minute edit which i didn't even think through, so i'm not bothered that its a bit inconsistent and that i didn't choose my words carefully
    Shame too, since it was the only bit you did write, given you said the rest was from wiki.

Anyway, just so long as you know what you meant, who cares what its intended audience thinks, eh.
    Last edited by manker; 05-07-2006 at 10:58 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    for the record something can be created spontaneously from nothing and by nothing e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_polarization
    but thats a gay argument. the last sentence was a last minute edit which i didn't even think through, so i'm not bothered that its a bit inconsistent and that i didn't choose my words carefully
    Shame too, since it was the only bit you did write, given you said the rest was from wiki.

Anyway, just so long as you know what you meant, who cares what its intended audience thinks, eh.
    Stop being me, that's the only thing I'm actually good at.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Stop being me, that's the only thing I'm actually good at.
    Fuck Sake, I think I may be the main charcter in cyber fight club.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Did I post that.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I am more inclined to believe that there was/is an intelligent being that always has been in existence than a rock and what makes up that rock.

When some question who created the creator, it makes more sense to me that the creator was this starting point and not some particles popped in by.....no one.

To go further, the fact that physical rules govern what goes on in the natural world had to have a starting point other than "that's just how it is."

Not to say that a creator wrote in a rule book, "Gravity acceleration on Earth = 9.8 m/s" but the initial physical laws that made it end up that way (for the time being) had to be started by an intelligent being, imo.

As a tangent, I believe none of this (besides gravity of course) should be taught in science class. It does not and cannot advance science, only philosophy.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I am more inclined to believe that there was/is an intelligent being that always has been in existence than a rock and what makes up that rock.

When some question who created the creator, it makes more sense to me that the creator was this starting point and not some particles popped in by.....no one.

To go further, the fact that physical rules govern what goes on in the natural world had to have a starting point other than "that's just how it is."

Not to say that a creator wrote in a rule book, "Gravity acceleration on Earth = 9.8 m/s" but the initial physical laws that made it end up that way (for the time being) had to be started by an intelligent being, imo.

As a tangent, I believe none of this (besides gravity of course) should be taught in science class. It does not and cannot advance science, only philosophy.
    but what was there before this intelligent being?

the fact is, the concept of the beginning (and the limits) of the universe are inconceivable.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

the fact is, the concept of the beginning (and the limits) of the universe are inconceivable.
    There was nothing before this being.

The being has been around forever and will be.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo

There was nothing before this being.

The being has been around forever and will be.
    My point is that you can't comprehend anything before this being, there must have been something, if not, why did it take this being so long to create the universe, and what was there before the universe was created? As I said, it's an inconceivable idea.

I think (been a while since I studied philosophy ) it was Plato who said everything must have a beginning and an end.

edit: Also, where does this being exist, because if it created the universe, it must have to be somehwere outside the universe.
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 05-08-2006 at 01:45 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Sorry, I just checked that Plato thing.
    According to Plato, everything in the Universe had to have sprung from some initial principle, which must, by definition, have been something capable of springing into motion by itself.
    If that is the case, what was there before this initial principle? There cannot have just been nothingness, as nothingness itself is something.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast