Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: God v No God

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I am more inclined to believe that there was/is an intelligent being that always has been in existence than a rock and what makes up that rock.

When some question who created the creator, it makes more sense to me that the creator was this starting point and not some particles popped in by.....no one.

To go further, the fact that physical rules govern what goes on in the natural world had to have a starting point other than "that's just how it is."

Not to say that a creator wrote in a rule book, "Gravity acceleration on Earth = 9.8 m/s" but the initial physical laws that made it end up that way (for the time being) had to be started by an intelligent being, imo.

As a tangent, I believe none of this (besides gravity of course) should be taught in science class. It does not and cannot advance science, only philosophy.
    but what was there before this intelligent being?

the fact is, the concept of the beginning (and the limits) of the universe are inconceivable.
    Of course it is.

I believe God always is and always was and God began the universe as we know it.

Ok there it is.

When I was a youngster, I thought of other ways that God existed and started the universe. I wrote a paper once about God being the dense energy and was the Big Bang itself. When some religious folk say God is everywhere, he really is. I've had other theories that would take too long for the moment.

Anything is conceivable.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-08-2006 at 02:12 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    So where does "God" exist?

edit: I'm using "God" as a generic term for a higher being, could just as easily be any other higher being from any other faith.
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 05-08-2006 at 02:07 AM.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #33
    So where does "God" exist?

edit: I'm using "God" as a generic term for a higher being, could just as easily be any other higher being from any other faith.
    See above. I only added 1 sentence in the edit.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    the busyman(TM) edit

5. Lounge   -   #35
    You say anything is conceivable, it is impossible for the human mind to comprehend a limitless universe. If there was a being which created the universe, there has to have been something before it in which the being itself, in this case you say god, existed surely?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    by the way, if this gets moved to the drawing room or whatever it's called, i shall refuse to partake any further in it

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    All this is beyond human intelligence.

Either trust and accept without knowledge nor understanding or reject it.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

8. Lounge   -   #38
    by the way, if this gets moved to the drawing room or whatever it's called, i shall refuse to partake any further in it
    Oh well.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    the busyman(TM) edit
    Well you asked a question that was addressed before the edit.

Whether you saw an edit afterwards, it did not preclude you from seeing what was already there, right?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    You say anything is conceivable, it is impossible for the human mind to comprehend a limitless universe. If there was a being which created the universe, there has to have been something before it in which the being itself, in this case you say god, existed surely?
    You say that there had to be an outer space or something. You think small and "in the universe" so to speak. Nothing wrong with that though.

So you say that the human mind has thought boundaries. I say it doesn't. That would mean imagination has limits. That would mean we would have a technological limit.

We don't.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast