Thread: 'Error invalid passkey'? can't dld torrent

Hope I posted in right section I have been using Azureus, and bt in general for 2 weeks now and never seen this before, when I tried to dld some app: 'Error, invalid passkey', then it suggests I use a different tracker, which it lists...what does this mean and how do I remedy this? thanks lots if someone can tell me, I reeely need this app to learn, and that file seemed to be the only one...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    passkey is used in private trackers, from where did u downloaded this torrent? if it's a private tracker try to reset your passkey and re-download the torrent.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Guess if ur asking, I am permitted to post this then..I clicked on a link for this file on 'Minnova', and it just looked like the usual torren, with 'Azureus' as a link, but it says I need a passkey, and mentions the tracker '420.project.org' don't really know what that means...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    u donwloaded the torrent from mininova, but the tracker is 420.project.org, which im guessing u don't have the account on. u must be a member of that private tracker to be able to download from it. hope this helped.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    mininova collects torrents from other private sites

when u are a member of a private site, when u download a torrent it has something inside it that tell to whom it belongs. (the passkey)

it is very obvious they are doing this so they can still be private
    in your case. the person who put the torrent in mininova was disabled (because he did that) and his passkey is not allowed to download more stuff from 420.project.org or whatever site it is ....

Left out