Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tottenham ask for replay

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Tottenham have written to the Premier League to ask if they can replay Sunday's game against West Ham.

source

seems fourth place may not have aleady been decided. personally i thought forcing lots of their players to play unwell was a bit much.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    It's kinda a similar situation to Middlesbrough Vs Blackburn in 1996 :triviawhore:

Middlesbrough had 18 players out with the flu, so they postponed the match. In the end, the FA deducted 3 points, which relegated 'boro.
    It's hot in Topeka.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    What would be really funny now is if they got their replay but Arsenal won the Champions League.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    And/or in the replay West Ham beat them again.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    It would be the funniest thing ever if they get the replay, lose to West Ham, finish fourth, and Arsenal win the Champions League.
    It's hot in Topeka.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    It would be the funniest thing ever if they get the replay, lose to West Ham, finish fourth, and Arsenal win the Champions League.
    And the FA deducted them 3 points and they got relegated (Spurs not the FA).

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    We should make this a poll. I agree that they should have a rematch, because nobody should have to go to work when they are ill, so how can we make a group of athletes run for their life when they're ill?
    Last edited by maebach; 05-11-2006 at 12:21 AM.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    Why should make this a poll. I agree that they should have a rematch, because nobody should have to go to work when they are ill, so how can we make a group of athletes run for their life when they're ill?
    I quite agree. In fact, when England get knocked out of the World Cup they should just be allowed to replay their match(es) when Owen and Rooney are feeling a bit better.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Never mind about replays, if any team that I'm supporting is losing after 90 minutes, they should just keep playing until my team is winning, and then blow the final whistle. :siralexferguson:

On a serious note, the FA shouldn't even consider allowing a replay, unless they are a bunch of totally brainless morons... oh wait!

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The F.A. Said no, quelle surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by The F.A.
    "We of course realise that for Tottenham, a feeling of unfairness at the ill-fated events of last Sunday will linger, but trust that you will put this behind you and concentrate on domestic and Uefa Cup success next season."
    Talk about twisting the knife
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast