Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demonoid Open Tracker?

My speeds have been fast on demonoid. It's currently down and I'm hoping that it's not permanent. It's one of the few sites with audio books which is one of my main- nonmusic downloads.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    well, bitme is much better in terms of e-books,

but demonoid does have a large selection of.. well everything.
    True the speeds aren't that great, but sometimes, you can only find the stuff on demonoid. And... if its not that urgent, why not wait a bit?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I just checked out bitme- I guess it's invite only. Ironic heading:"because knowledge must be free". I don't have the connections to get on any of the invite sites and I guess I don't know what I'm missing so I'm ok with what demonoid has.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bichee99

Arrow

Are you guys actually connected to the tracker? or is it just DHT? I suspect it is the later. Although demonoid discourages use of DHT among its users, it does not punish by banning users who have DHT enabled. I guess the freedom headline is there for a reason

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by paurna
    demonoid has been an open tracker for a long time now.but the speeds are always quite low.
    Not true, Demonoid's speeds for me are Ok.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Demonoid lets you (presumably your IP address) download 3 torrents a week if you don't have an account there. Found that out the hard way and had to scrounge an invite.

So it's open to a limit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12