Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop related question

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Making a wallpaper and wanted to know, how the hell am I gonna get around this one:

What should I do?

Should I try to make the portion of the leg+stocking from scratch?

Should I try to blend it (fade to the left) with the background?

Suggestions heavily needed!!!!!

Thanks

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You could try a photo-manip by using a leg from another photo.

Making it from scratch is futile.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    You could try a photo-manip by using a leg from another photo.

Making it from scratch is futile.
    manip would be impossible, but i'll try (considering the possibility of a picture with that lighting [or close to], angle, and posture existing), dont even know where to begin to look, any suggestions?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not sure if you know who the female is in said photo, but your best bet I think is probably to attempt finding a full version of the same photo.

An exact manip such as this one is almost impossible, and I'm a Photoshop expert.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Not sure if you know who the female is in said photo, but your best bet I think is probably to attempt finding a full version of the same photo.

An exact manip such as this one is almost impossible, and I'm a Photoshop expert.
    Crap, looks like im out of luck then it's off of deviantart and this pic really grabbed me (no not just cuz of the miniskirt , the whole composition of it, the guitar thrown if for bonus lol ).

Unfortanately I can't contact the person that made this, don't know her email I've been looking for a while no luck, chances of me finding a full version pic of this is slim to none.

In that case, what technique do you suggest I use (since you're an expert ) to fade the leg into the background as subtley as possible?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Use the Eyedropper tool to determine the color of the background. It appears white of course but you'll need to be sure.

Set that color to Foreground.

Create a new layer on top of the original image.

Select your Rectangular Marquee tool and select the area you wish to blend or fade.

Select the Gradient tool (foreground to transparent) and and drag it left to right inside the selected area. You may need to do this a few times until you get the desired result.

Done.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thanks, worked like a charm (for its purposes anyway) still wish I could manip it somehow

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Thanks, worked like a charm (for its purposes anyway) still wish I could manip it somehow
    np.

You stated earlier that you got the pic from DA. Do you just not remember the deviant you downloaded it from? If the filename is unchanged, you should be able to search that person or image name. Hope that helps.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    np.

You stated earlier that you got the pic from DA. Do you just not remember the deviant you downloaded it from? If the filename is unchanged, you should be able to search that person or image name. Hope that helps.
    Ya I found it on DA and have the link:

actual pic: http://www.deviantart.com/view/29570574/

her profile: http://sundayx.deviantart.com/

Unforanately no contact info, still looking though, I'd love to get the whole pic it'd be a dream for that, I'm thinking about ordering some poster sized matte prints or something, looks damn nice. I have a favor to ask though, seems I suck at getting rid of the logo, I did it but the it looks cartoony after I'm done, now it'd look nice if I went and redid the entire guitar+portions of her left leg, but then I'd have to redo the entire thing. So I was wondering....if it's ok with you and you have some time on your hand could you do me this one favour? Get rid of the logo at the bottom and still look nice (as long as you can't tell that something is covered op or there was something there before, which is my problem).

I'd greatly appreciate it, I'll send you a PM in a sec with the .psd, like I said if you have some free time on your hands and if you dont mind doing this. No rush btw, lol. Thanks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ok I signed up for DA, and sent her a message with my request, heres hoping she has a copy and she'll send it to me >_<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast