Thread: Filelist problem, need assistance

Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards here and am looking for some help.

I have a filelist.org account, but out of the blue, it says that my account has been disabled!

I have been on that site for years now, and have uploaded over 60gbs or so. I know my share ratio wasn't especially strong at the time (it was probably 0.95 or maybe a tad lower) but I don't think that warrents for me to lose my account.

I was wondering if anyone knows what could be going on, or if anyone has any way to PM one of the mods/admins there and maybe see if it was a mistake? I was using the account somewhat frequently, and it had only been days since my last activity there.

If there is a reason for the ban, I'd at least like to know why.

Thanks a lot!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    garherd's Avatar U CaN SavE HeR BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Don't fret mate. their forum states that they are aware of the problem and are trying to restore deleted accounts.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bigjoe75's Avatar FYC BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    hmm.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Ah ok, so I'm not the only one. Thanks for the info. Hopefully it comes back soon

Also: Do you have a link to their forums? I tried to find it, but maybe you need to get logged in to see the forum?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Double0Three
    Ah ok, so I'm not the only one. Thanks for the info. Hopefully it comes back soon

Also: Do you have a link to their forums? I tried to find it, but maybe you need to get logged in to see the forum?
    I've looked all over the site, but there is not mail or link to staff. Only the forums, which require login.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

However, as mentioned, they did have some kind of problem and are fixing it (that you can view on the news at the homepage which does not require login).

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    2006-05-13 - Deleted accounts had been restored. Some users may have experienced a change in ratio but its nothing to be concerned about.
    2006-04-14 - If you have lost your password, click here to recover it.
    2006-04-14 - Note: If you are trying to recover a forgotten password and you’re using hotmail, you will need to disable junk mail filters to receive the confirmation.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yeah I did see that bit of news. It looks like they fixed a batch of users who got deleted, hopefully they will be restoring more :S

Filelist is like the only site I used and really enjoyed it.