Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Legal Music

harrycary's Avatar Poster
    The Apple site doesn't offer music in the mp3 format.

See my previous post above.

2. Music   -   #32
    Poster
    It's all crap crap crap!
    While the Apple solution is admirable it's a day late and a dollar short..
    Due to the wide use of file sharing networks it's impossible to go back. This is more than true for the younger demographic(ages 18-35).
    We "traders" (4 million+ strong&#33 have become too accustom to the mp3 format and the hardware it is compatible with.

Now, Apple is giving us another audio format! The ACC format has DRM built-in. There is a heavy discussion on this topic at the Slashdot site. Interesting reading for power users.

With this new format, you can put your downloaded [and use]songs on up to 3 computers and those computers must be registered with Apple(sounds alot like a Micro$soft scheme). You must unregister a computer before registering any new computer you buy. You can burn that music to as many CDs as you want though the ACC format isn't compatible with any portables except the iPod.

WTF? So you have to burn the ACC files to a CD and then rip the CD to the mp3 format. What a waste of my time!

Frankly, the content being offered by the large labels just plain sucks. Probably 1 of the last 20 CDs I've bought had more than 2 or 3 songs I liked.

And finally, on a personal note, I miss the good old days where you got a full size album that gave you the pleasure of full size art and liner-notes to enjoy and read while listening.

Phew! That's my $.02 worth!
    Well said, harrycary. I couldn't agree more! The recording industry would start making back the money they claim to have 'lost' over the past years if they would get on the ball and come up with something which would appeal to those of us 'music lovers/collectors'. I mean, maybe put together some kind of 'suggestion site' as a way for the 'traders' to post their ideas regarding the sale of music online, and then they (the music industry) would be able to begin thinking outside the box for a change. I'm sure there are many, many people not only here in our forum, but elsewhere who have some really great ideas to offer up. And the sooner they (the recording industry) get their heads out of the sand, the sooner they can begin to not only satisfy the real music fan, but they will begin making back some of their 'lost' $$ as well.

Just an idea.

3. Music   -   #33
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    With all due respect, the theory that "free is cheaper, and no one will pay for something they get for free", doesn't hold water.

The person who invented the idea of bottled water had a similar "demand" problem, though it doesn't appear to have slowed down his business.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #34
    Poster
    I wouldn't pay $.001 cents for a song

5. Music   -   #35
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hey..some of yall may not like this...but i have done a little work at best buy....the company that actually makes the cd gets 85 cents profit off each one.....best buy get 13 cents for every cd they sell....now thats some shity profit..and to lower prices nemore would suck for them terribly...i just say keep p2p FREE! its good the way it is...Korns still runnin around in Ferraris, Porches, and Bentlys lol...so whats there prob.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Music   -   #36
    Hey..some of yall may not like this...but i have done a little work at best buy....the company that actually makes the cd gets 85 cents profit off each one.....best buy get 13 cents for every cd they sell...so they could lower the price ONLY 98 cents...and thats with NOOOOO profit...now thats some shity profit..and to lower prices nemore would suck for them terribly...i just say keep p2p FREE! its good the way it is...Korns still runnin around in Ferraris, Porches, and Bentlys lol...so whats there prob.

7. Music   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@2 May 2003 - 16:35
    Hey..some of yall may not like this...but i have done a little work at best buy....the company that actually makes the cd gets 85 cents profit off each one.....best buy get 13 cents for every cd they sell
    Who's getting the other $13-15?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Music   -   #38
    Hey sorry i didnt make it too clear....the record company gets like 85 cents a cd....best buy gets 13 cents a cd...and i think the band itself gets the rest...also if they used copyrighted material in there vids or songs...they might have to pay the company money for that too

9. Music   -   #39
    and like....what the hell....p2p is awsome! just cuz some peeps sing 13 songs i dont think they deserve like 20 milllion...or more....soo i mean..what p2p might have cut down on there profit to like 17 million for 13 songs...or more lol....soo i mean cmon...musicians and athlelets..which no disrespect to them..i couldnt live with my football and basketball...shouldnt get paid that much...when engineers docs scientist..and other important peeps are ACTUALLY MAKIN A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! the salaries should be switched

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234