Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reg Cleanup

I download regcleaner about a year or so ago, dunno how i found the damn thing but been using it ever since. Like it by far the best!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Downloaded JV16, and tried it, but all it did was lock-up the machine. Whatever I tried, it just didn't work. Buggy!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by nizers@30 April 2003 - 17:11
    I DL'd regcleaner months ago and used it once and it detected some remains of a program i uninstalled months before that so i deleted the registry key only to find out that for some god awfull reason my IE was dependant upon it. Wouldn't a good regcleaner prog notice that it's still a viable program... i had to do a clean install on windows and was really pissed off for a couple of weeks about the whole thing.

Use at your own risk
    err, there's a backup/restore function - another reason why this thing is great!!!
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    The last time I used a RegCleaner, was with Windows95.

I didn't know those programs were still available.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+1 May 2003 - 20:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 1 May 2003 - 20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nizers@30 April 2003 - 17:11
    I DL&#39;d regcleaner months ago and used it once and it detected some remains of a program i uninstalled months before that so i deleted the registry key only to find out that for some god awfull reason my IE was dependant upon it.&nbsp; Wouldn&#39;t a good regcleaner prog notice that it&#39;s still a viable program... i had to do a clean install on windows and was really pissed off for a couple of weeks about the whole thing.

Use at your own risk
    err, there&#39;s a backup/restore function - another reason why this thing is great&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    ah.. the crappiest part was that i couldn&#39;t even open any windows at all. My computer, network places, my shared folder, IE... nothing. that&#39;s why i had to do a clean install. OH WELL&#33; I got to start with a brand new fresh registry just like they promised&#33;&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I use registry healer, norton utilities,and registry compactor .You can see here about registry compactor http://www.elrise.com/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27

I used regcleaner for a year or 2 then started using easycleaner as well and they are both excellent

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@2 May 2003 - 11:31
    registry compactor&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; http://www.elrise.com/
    I usta have one of those.
    Snazzy screenshot.
    I&#39;m dl&#39;ing

ummmmm do you got a code for this thing?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Tried it.
    Made my comp totally unbootable&#33;
    Had to restore the registry from dos mode.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    I have xp and have no problem with registry compactor ,what os you have?i have the code too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast