Thread: how do you change your zip code?

QazQaz007's Avatar I got your Newcomer
    well let me set you up for what im trying to do....
    if you go ot http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear you wll see a link that says
    watch this week's episode-when i click it i come up with

"Unfortunately BBC Two video content is only available to users within the UK. We're sorry for any disappointment.
    For many programmes , there are broadcast rights restrictions, which do not allow us to show BBC Two programmes and content to people outside the UK. In addition, broadband content is expensive for the BBC to stream, so we have to give priority to people within the UK, who ultimately bear the cost of us doing this through their licence fee.
    Some BBC programmes are available via our international services (see www.bbc.co.uk/info/channels) or through agreements with commercial broadcasters overseas.

We are looking into the possibility of offering a subscription service for overseas users, although this is not likely to be available in the immediate future."

so i was thinking how do they know im not from there? is it my isp? or is it that when i installed windows and going threw the set up i put my real/fake zip code? so if it is just that i should be able to just change it and enjoy this show. easy? but if it is the isp, well not much i can do there other than set up a proxy from the UK maybe?

so my question to you is how to you change that zip code in windows?
    or what ever it is thats leting them see where im from

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    They can tell by the location of your ISP whether you're in the UK or not.

Browse via a proxy server in the UK, and you should be able to trick them.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    QazQaz007's Avatar I got your Newcomer
    know any good proxys, i looked around and found a few but there hella slow
    and cant play the video without buffering for like.....a day, so any help/links would be cool

thanks