Thread: Sound lag on custom DVD's

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Roight, I've been authoring 24 season 5 to DVD – 4 eps per disk, made a custom menu and all that, converted the avis to vob via Winavi, used TMPGEnc to author and Nero to burn.

It was all going fine until I played one of the disks on a standalone DVD player, the audio for every episode slowly slides out of sync, there’s like a second and a half’s lag between sound and picture. I tried it with one of the other disks and it does it with all the epiodes on that disk too, so it’s a safe bet that they’re all like it and I’ve tried two different standalone players and the one on my puter.

What can I do to stop this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The audio starts out fine for the "previously" bit, but right after "the following takes place..." it starts to lag

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bump

edit: Or, if you use a different method/different software that lets you create your own menus and you know for a fact it doesn't create any lag in sound, please feel free to post it
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 05-19-2006 at 10:32 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    you might want to try ConvertXtoDVD

have u checked to see if the AVIs or the VOBs (before TMPGEnc) are out of sync
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont