Thread: I'm a little concerned

kizer21

Surprised/Amazed

Okay, I don't use limewire very much and I don't download that much either. However, I downloaded a file from limewire and when I opened the file up, a FBI warning popped up saying your ip address has been stored in the local server. It basically said this and it had the FBI logo on it. I don't share any files on limewire but this freaked me out. So I quickly deleted this file and I also deleted limewire. Is this just a warning, is it a scam, or and I'm going to get fined or even arrested. I can't believe this! I know there was an FBI email scam going around saying "we have logged your ip address on 30 or more illegal sites", but not on limewire. Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Its probally fake..dont ever use Limewire to get software..its only good for music. To be safe, you should runa virus and spyware scan too.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I agree it's a hoax don't worry. But all the same most stuff on Limewire is corrupted. screw it the best way to fileshare is to use Bittorrent or Newsgroups. I'm a fan of bittorent and a big advantage is torrents get dropped if their fu*%ed

P.S it's strange i should read this post now...but I just decided to uninstall Limewire this morning after a year or so of not using it. Oh well old loyalties die hard.
    Last edited by sear; 05-12-2006 at 01:47 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    I never had any problem using any file sharing problem, like never. Only thing about limewire, well limewire doesnt have a trojan or anything like that, but you have to install java and java has a trojan, not to mention malware in it.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    java has a trojan in it????

crap

yea, that thing from limewires fake, no wories man

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    man is there anything else besides bt and newsgroups? i dont know how to set up newsgroups and bt is meh

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyBoo
    man is there anything else besides bt and newsgroups? i dont know how to set up newsgroups and bt is meh

Learn to use newsgroups.
    It's well worth it, and one of the safest things there is at the minute.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    newsgroups are not free, you may as well just buy the stuff off ebay if you are considering newsgroups.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Last month I downloaded over 300 gigs at my full connection speed and didn't have to share a thing. For 15 dollars a month it's one hell of a deal in my opinion.
    Last edited by Broken; 05-21-2006 at 03:20 AM.