Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banned for trading invites...

They know in another forum site I saw a sumbass proving memebership and forgot to blockout his username from the tabs at the top of his page, a admin was a memeber and shut him down fast, it was 2 funny

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViOLATION View Post
    Some admins might be a member of this site.

/hides
    hahah hey ross find this funny?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BTMach's Avatar BANNED
    I always blackout my username on screenshots, another good thing is to have an alternate handle on a site like this then on all the private trackers you are a member at, so when you make a post saying "i have TL, TB and FL, i am looking for ScT",
    TL , TB and FL can't just look up your username on their site and ban you.
    In conjuction w/ that, when asking to trade invites in public, do all the conversing via pm.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Anyone who gets banned for publically trading invites, to sites which dont want them traded, deserves to get banned imo. The idea of invites is so the userbased is full of people who can be trusted, not just random people who, dont have an idea about anything.

at BTMach..all it needs is a PM to the mods of say this site, to ask for your ip or email addy...and your history on whatever site. If they dont want to be openly traded....DONt do it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BTMach's Avatar BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Anyone who gets banned for publically trading invites, to sites which dont want them traded, deserves to get banned imo. The idea of invites is so the userbased is full of people who can be trusted, not just random people who, dont have an idea about anything.

at BTMach..all it needs is a PM to the mods of say this site, to ask for your ip or email addy...and your history on whatever site. If they dont want to be openly traded....DONt do it.
    Well even when i trade invites, i require screenshots of good ratios, and only trade w/ established users, i am not just giving them out.
    Also, i connect to all sites i visit (w/ the exception of trackers) via a proxy, so even if a mod here was willing to give them the ip i connect w/ it wouldn't matter, i also registered here w/ an exclusive email addy i use nowhere else, so that wouldn't work either. And THIS site has a whole section devoted to invite trading, so relax

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Is there any topic/guide about all this invite thing? Never needed/used it before - mininova and pirate were doing job for me but looks like i'm losing contact with majority

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    the staff here won't give out ur i.p address.
    if i thought for a second they would then i wouldn't use these forums.

the only thing they "might" do, is something like the following:

an account gets stolen, or something to that effect, and an admin from blah-torrents (example) may message a member of staff here, and say "is there anyone on here with the i.p 123.456.789.012
    the staff here "might" confirm an i.p, or that a member here has that i.p, to help rid bad users. this isn't a bad thing, as u shouldnt go about stealing ppl's accounts.

under no circumstances though, would the staff here give a torrent site admin the i.p of a user who was trading invites.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    We don't give out member IPs.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    @sear: i know ur post been some time ago, but ive learned that there is a way of changing the IP: change ur network cards (or routers) MAC adress (google on how to do this) and then talk to ur ISP that you bought a new network card/router/computer/whatever (or at many ISP u can simply do this over the net somehow, but maybe then the order of things is a bit different). then they will reset the connection and hopefully u will get a new IP.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123