Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck The Pain away!

This has been day 4 of deep depression for me, I can't take the pills as they give me anxiety, i have no friends to talk to as i've been a loaner for so long.
    my social skills are lost.

I just want my life back, or.... some sort of life.

you guys on the net are all i've got at the mo
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Have you spoken to a Doctor, perhaps get referred to a psychologist. They may be able to provide some help without prescription drugs.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    i've had help, but it's not done me any good.
    I know it's the way i think about stuff, but how do you stop thinking the wrong things, it's impossible.
    the trouble is my dreams are so real, well deep, when i wake up i face reality and it fucks me up so bad, it's the shock of coming out of my dream.
    it's so real, it's now doing me in big time.

this time things are really bad
    Last edited by Buffalo; 05-23-2006 at 08:53 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CELEBS
    i've had help, but it's not done me any good.
    I know it's the way i think about stuff, but how do you stop thinking the wrong things, it's impossible.
    the trouble is my dreams are so real, well deep, when i wake up i face reality and it fucks me up so bad, it's the shock of coming out of my dream.
    it's so real, it's now doing me in big time.

this time things are really bad
    If it's getting that bad go and see the Doctor tomorrow, tell him / her exactly how you feel. It might be worth even getting sectioned and forcing them into giving yo the help you need.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    what help can anyone give?

i've had all they will give, my problem is, it's takes me to get to a stage of taking my life before i will talk about it, or open up.

how bad is this on a open forum.

i'm a good person, an honest person.

i'm just to weak to survive

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If you've already sought help and choose to ignore the professional advice you were given, you're not going to get whatever help you need from us.

I think even you must realise this, Baz. If you've been prescribed pills, take them.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    honest manker, the pills make me worse, they trigger of teriable anxiety, i've got bruzing on my legs where i grip them because of the anxiety.
    i'm fucked.

if i had of gone out like normal people in the last few years i would have not ended up like this, i was made a prisoner in my home.

when i most needed help i did not recive it.

how fucked up is that.

if you saw a dog hit by a car, and the car drove off, did not stop.
    would you help that dog?

I would have done.

my caring side would have helped that dog back to full health

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebs
    honest manker, the pills make me worse,
    You say that you're suicidal now, how much worse can they possibly make you.

You know I'm right. Take the medication that you've been prescribed.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebs
    honest manker, the pills make me worse,
    You say that you're suicidal now, how much worse can they possibly make you.

You know I'm right. Take the medication that you've been prescribed.
    Absolutely.

One of the side effects of not taking this type of medication is thinking that not taking it is a good idea. This is not interweb pish, I have had to deal with such a situation in real life.

If you have been prescribed it, then take it. Then get in touch with your Doctor tomorrow, as an emergency. If this is in your medical file then they will know that it really is an emergency and will give you an appointment.

Once you sit down with the Doctor you can take it from there. Talking to half-wits on the internet is not the solution.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    From my BF, who has had problems for 7 years..triggered by a series of personal shit and serious illness......

"The dreams get less frequent as things improve. From personal experience, it is always the good dreams that fuck things up the most.

It is most difficult to deal with alone, so councelling really does help, even if it is from good friends who you probably don't appreciate yet. The medication is a bitch, but can be a necessary evil short term, but try and get off them as quickly as possible. What it seems to be is that the anxiety arrives when the pills start to wear off, or you get used to them and they don't help any more without increases in doses. Some pills side effects do give vivid dreams such as Beta Blockers (although they help take the edge of the anxiety when awake).

Another piece of advice from a long term pot head is, stay off the smoke when you feel depressed, it can make it worse in combination with some medication or even without any at all. You just need to adjust your intake to suit your mood.

Watch you don't start to feel that the depressed state is normal, I have realised that at some points, the depression was all I had that I felt was familiar and I could'nt feel anything when on the pills. I also admit that once off the pills, I could not allow myself to feel happy, almost like I should be depressed because that is who I was. Once this was pointed out, it was a step towards allowing other emotions in again.....slowly.

Don't take the walls down all at once, then you can become manic...mwha ha ha haa..... This is just as much of a problem as the depression as it is still not a normal state of being.

Good luck, this is a marathon, and not a sprint, and don't expect miracles over night."

Ian.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast