Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Notorious Big Songs

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@30 April 2003 - 05:14
    About 5 years ago first listened to a song by Bob Dylan called the Hurricane...big then product of a lot of things..his generation....the times..etc...dismissed it out of hand...someone told me the guy who sang about was guilty anyway as it turned out.

I think it was probably BIG and should remain so though. Anyone know whether it was groundbreaking in the sense that the issues it raised ie the game of justice........very broad if you listen to the words, racial issues, cops dealing with informant scum to further their own prestigious ends etc.....

Listened to it a lot lately..it does in my mind remain 'big'.

Maybe there are others that preceded it or antedated it that are more powerful in their message.........anyone know of any?

Chloe... dont take this personal... but do you drink or do drugs at all?

You seem to jump off topic quite off, not that your stupid... cuz your not, which can clearly be seen from your the intelligence expressed in your posts, as you are very well versed also. Just, some times you seem like you ment to post some where totally different, lol.

I guess if i think about it, i can see how you would be confused... so maybe you werent all that off on this post,

And by the way Chloe... Dylan sang about Hurrican Carter, a famous champion boxer... (see the movie, Hurricane, staring denzel washington), and Carter really innocent, i think finnaly sometime in the 90's was it, he was actually released...

Much <3 though...

I also love that freestyle he did with 2pac and that idiot Shyheim that showed up on funkmaster flex and a few other mixtapes. You know the one:
    actually i dont know that i have heard that, thats not the red alert mix is it? can u get me a title, or something more to go on? is it the live rap battle at madison square garden maybe?

2. Music   -   #12
    Poster
    Chloe... dont take this personal... but do you drink or do drugs at all?&nbsp;

You seem to jump off topic quite off, not that your stupid... cuz your not, which can clearly be seen from your the intelligence expressed in your posts, as you are very well versed also. Just, some times you seem like you ment to post some where totally different, lol.

I guess if i think about it, i can see how you would be confused... so maybe you werent all that off on this post,&nbsp;

And by the way Chloe... Dylan sang about Hurrican Carter, a famous champion boxer... (see the movie, Hurricane, staring denzel washington), and Carter really innocent, i think finnaly sometime in the 90&#39;s was it, he was actually released...

Much <3 though...
    Firstly I don&#39;t drink, can&#39;t drink, goes to my head too quick, doesn&#39;t feel good.

I misconstrued the post, notorious, saw it was hip hop.

Occasionally I am guilty of going off on tangents, accidentally on purpose often.

As for drugs never taken illicit drugs or anything, except an anti-anxyiolotic of a very specific type that was little known here but apparently well known in the US, namely Xanax (alprazolam).

As for the Hurricane, I thought he said &#39;Rubin Carter&#39; in the lyrics, and didn&#39;t see the film with Denzel Washington. I didn&#39;t take much of an interest at the time. There was all sorts of speculation as to his innoncence, and I certainly take more of an interest in those issues now.

Fair comment though. I will be good.

3. Music   -   #13
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    actually i dont know that i have heard that, thats not the red alert mix is it? can u get me a title, or something more to go on? is it the live rap battle at madison square garden maybe?
    Yep, it&#39;s the one at Madison Square Garden. There&#39;s other people on it, but 2Pac and Biggie show them all up, even Big Daddy Kane.

4. Music   -   #14
    Warning
    Whats Beef
    Hypnotize
    Wickedest Freestyle
    Can I Get Witcha
    Notorious Thugs (w/ Bone Thugs)
    N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S(remix w/ Shyne)
    House Of Pain (w/ 2Pac & Scarface)
    Deadly Combination Remix (w/ 2pac & Big L)
    Kick In The Door
    Gimmie Da Loot
    Come On (w/ Sadat X)
    Juicy <<played out
    Unbelievable(funk flex)
    Niggas Bleed
    Going Back To Cali
    Big Booty Hoes (w/ Too Short)
    Party And Bullshit<<cant belive none of you said this, best biggie song ever&#33;
    Brooklyns Finest (w/ Jay-Z)
    Dead Wrong

^By far the best biggie songs

As for that &#39;Niggas&#39; song with 50 cent, i think those biggie lyrics were better off on the original song
    i never thought it was too great, or even good enough to put on a CD

5. Music   -   #15
    And:
    C.R.E.A.M Freestyle (w/ Lox)

6. Music   -   #16
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    BIG FREESTYLES all of dem IS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT gANGSTA HoLLaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

7. Music   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Party And Bullshit<<cant belive none of you said this, best biggie song ever&#33;
    I said it&#33;

8. Music   -   #18
    OH
    yours was too long to read

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12