Thread: Ghost Recon

Hi,

I just have downloaded Ghost Recon it works great but now i have downloaded Ghost Recon patch 1.3 and 1.4 but when i try to instal the patch The comes a mesage [ Ghost Recon must be installed before installing this patch setup will exit ] anyone know what im doing wrong???

Btw when i have instaled the pateches can i play the game online? or is it just like UT2k3 that you need a valied serial key or somthing like that??

2. Games   -   #2
    You have probably got the ripped version, to patch almost any game you need the full version for the patch to recognise it. Buy it if you like it that much, its worth it, great game.

3. Games   -   #3
    its those dodgy exes... i had the same prob when i got it off of kazaa.. if you can find the actual iso then yuo can patch it or do as i did and buy the game and dl the extra mission packs (again in iso format so the install and work )

4. Games   -   #4
    even if its a full game(bin/cue/iso) uncracked patches will not be recognized, or if they are, they wont let u play after u install the new patch. Look at megagames.com for the latest cracked patches
    -TiMz

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Timz@1 May 2003 - 00:51
    even if its a full game(bin/cue/iso) uncracked patches will not be recognized, or if they are, they wont let u play after u install the new patch. Look at megagames.com for the latest cracked patches
    WHAT? This is a lie! What are you talking about? You can apply any patch to a game you have installed from an original iso/bin etc. You can't do this from a rip (like the Ghost Recon version on Kazaa which eveyone seems to have). The game won't run though unless you get the cracked exe for that version (from gamecopyworld.com for example). Perhaps this is what you meant, but your wording suggested otherwise. Every iso/bin etc. i have downloaded i have been able to patch just fine. In short, it's not the patch that needs to be cracked, but the exe file for the game itself.

6. Games   -   #6
    yeh you can update rips , if your going to update a cracked game you have to replace it with the orginal exe from the game disk to your game directory then apply the updated patch then copy the no cd exe file back accross over the orginal exe.

i wish people would start putting in orignal exe files + with no cd in another folder this solves alot of problems when you want to update your rips with the lastest patches. Trying to find the orignal exe files
    is harder than trying to find cracked 1s.

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Timz@1 May 2003 - 01:51
    i brought GR with desart storm (i believe its called) thrown in.. i then downloaded island thunder burnt the .bin to disk installed this extra mission pack and played the game no patch/cd crack was needed iv played it online and then lot

i also have BF1942 that i have done the same with altho its VERY hard to get a working cd key, iv done this wtih alot of games some do need a nocd crack (which are easy enough to get anyway) some dont..

but downloading those crap .exe's off of kazaa with get you nowhere as they are crap you need the full rip

8. Games   -   #8
    Twist3r
    i updated my ghost recon iso i got from emule and it works great on online play but i think i need the expantion not to many servers run regular ghost recon anymore

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    i have the original cds for ghost recon and i can make an image from them if you want it reeally bad. u do NOT have to have a cd key to play online. just tell me if you want them or not.

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

10. Games   -   #10
    Twist3r
    there are plenty of cd images for ghost recon