Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2pac Vs Notorious Big?

Poster
    biggie was bigger in size

2. Music   -   #12
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@1 May 2003 - 08:06
    I would have to agree... Pac was the beattles of the rap game.

As great as biggie is... Pac was just better... and pac never really had the production big had, till he went to death row, (all eyez on me... etc...)

Pac was harder, rougher... felt more from the street...

Big, yea, he was too, dont get me wrong... but big seemed to be more about the spoils of the game, then the struggles.. (yes, he rapped about the stuggles, juicy, and others... but it seemed that big didnt want to dwell on the hardships, as much as pac)... big more or less, started the money, bitches, expensive shit... theme that ran through rap... but to a lesser extent, then trash like cash money, and others, took it even further..

but... Pacs got him beat... he is a Icon...
    "big more or less, started the money, bitches, expensive shit... theme that ran through rap..."

Did he? I don't think so. Rappers have been namechecking designer clothes since it Hip-Hop started. Ultramagnetics, Cold crush, shit, even Sister Sledge did : "Halston, Gucci, Fiorucci" from "The Greatest Dancer" which was released in 1979!!! Biggie was just continuing a long tradition in Hip-Hop.

"Pac was harder, rougher... felt more from the street..."

That's a crock-of-shit statement right there!! Tupac was way more "street" before he went West to Death Row. His NY stuff was much rougher. I liked him more in Digital Underground personally. Just an opinion though!

Why is Tupac the Beatles of Rap?? He wasn't that innovative, didn't advance the music or Hip-Hop scene anything like as much as Ice T or Public Enemy did. If Tupac is the Beatles does that mean that Biggie is the Rolling Stones??

Biggie or Tupac is just a matter of personal taste.

Personally I like BIGGIE more than Tupac, he had more integrity as an artist and human being. Tupac sold out to Death Row and eventually paid for it with his life, which was a shame. Fuck Suge Knight!!!!
    Signature removed

3. Music   -   #13
    Tupac easily wins in my opinion.
    biggie arguably had slightly better lyrical skill, but tupac was more complete a character.
    tupac claimed to live the thug life, and actually did so
    biggie tried to live this life, but never quite made it
    biggie talked about selling crack and drive by's and how it was hard for him growing up. however, Valetta Wallace (biggie's mum) said that christopher never wanted for anything in his childhood.
    in my opinion, biggie was trying to emulate tupac, and it never quite came off for him

4. Music   -   #14
    Biggie wins in the rap style battle to me
    But pac has more better songs tons of unreleased shit
    You never know tho if biggie had a longer career

so pac would be the better rapper

5. Music   -   #15
    lmao, this is the never ending debate.
    both were great but very different in styles
    tupac had more of a message behind a lot of his music
    biggie definitely had the better flow

I would have to agree... Pac was the Beatles of the rap game.
    tupac the beatles? please stop that. its a retarded comparison.
    tupac is a solo artist. the beatles were a group.
    tupac didn't change the face of rap like the beatles did rock and roll
    if any group should be compared to the beatles it is NWA.
    they literally changed the face of rap. I'm not trying to bring NWA
    into the debate I'm just trying to make a better comparison. before
    NWA tupac was just rapping with digital underground and not like a thug.
    that came later. maybe some of you youngsters aren't old enough to
    remember that. dre would be the john lennon of producers. tupac is just one
    guy and he DID NOT change the face of rap. he was a poet and had a lot
    of hits but he didn't do anything that other rappers weren't doing in his time.
    he was just one of the best
    if you want to say he was the beatles please tell me in what way, otherwise
    PLEASE, NO MORE COMPARING TUPAC TO THE BEATLES!
    that is ignorant.

6. Music   -   #16
    Yo, to say that tupac didnt change the rap game is an "ignorant" statement itself. Tupac vs. Biggie was one of the first east coast vs. west coast battles which was basically against hip hop's peaceful movement. The game changed after Tupac and biggies passing which is more than enough to influence the so called rap game. Puff Daddy becoming a big name in the media is one of the reasons, puffy daddy is bad lyricist and an even worse dancer. If puff daddy were to get shot instead of biggie the whole thing would be better, we wouldnt have to bear with footlocker playing cash money feat. puffy daddy.

Do you know how much of an influence tupac was on other rappers? Do you ever stop and think how much different the rap game would be with him alive? If you did, the whole "Tupac is just one guy and he DID NOT change the face of the rap" would have never came up now would it?

I would go more indepth with it but i do not have the time or patience for your post, i've already delt with one ignorant misread post of yours today.

But to kill the arguement each of them were better in different ways, obviously tupac was deeper with his songs, but biggie was more lyrically talented. Thats all there is to it, whoever's music was better is all a matter of opinion so no use arguing about it.

Peace

7. Music   -   #17
    ok guy. if you paid attention to what i was saying then you would
    have realized that i was saying the comparison to the beatles is what
    was ignorant, and it still is. you start talking about puffy and what it
    would be like if tupac was still alive. wtf, thats irrelevant. the fact is that
    tupac wasn't doing anything other rappers weren't doing. i asked you to
    give a point about how he was like the beatles and you talk about puffy?
    LMAO - i said tupac was one of the best and that he was a poet. but when
    he was here he wasn't changing rap. and battles between rappers were
    happening way before tupac. i understand you love tupac so flame away
    guy. I'm not dissing tupac I'm dissing YOUR comparison to the beatles.
    get it right.

8. Music   -   #18
    in terms of flow biggie wins hands down, when your talkin about lyrics thats a little closer, i couldnt really call that,
    but then the thing why makes me want to say pac was better, is just who he is! no-one brings that energy, charisma, wisdon and thug into one amazing persona, he was something special , people would hang on his every word! thats why pac wins it for me

9. Music   -   #19
    i never mentioned the tupac comparision to the beatles (which isnt a very intelligent statement), but as for the puff daddy comments they werent irrelevent. Tupac changed the game in a way that when he left, other people came in and took the spotlight and the wackest of them all came in, which happens to be puff daddy (if you need more than that for me to prove my point just look at what "hip hop" is considered on mtv). I was elaborating to your statement that "tupac DID NOT change the rap game" which is also not very intelligent since i just gave you a reason how he did.

And actually, although biggie vs. tupac wasnt the first of battles between people, it was the biggest media blown out of any of its time involving the East and West. Maybe not meaning anything to you but it is a big deal to what was in the future for the rap industry, changing the face of the game directly and indirectly.

Anyways its obvious you are speaking with little knowledge and considering that is the 2nd time you have misread a post of mine i dont really feel it is worth it to try to explain anything to you. Afterall the ignorant are always oblivious to the truth.

Peace

10. Music   -   #20
    Originally posted by AzNPLaYeR253@2 May 2003 - 08:12
    i never mentioned the tupac comparision to the beatles (which isnt a very intelligent statement), but as for the puff daddy comments they werent irrelevent. Tupac changed the game in a way that when he left, other people came in and took the spotlight and the wackest of them all came in, which happens to be puff daddy (if you need more than that for me to prove my point just look at what "hip hop" is considered on mtv). I was elaborating to your statement that "tupac DID NOT change the rap game" which is also not very intelligent since i just gave you a reason how he did.

And actually, although biggie vs. tupac wasnt the first of battles between people, it was the biggest media blown out of any of its time involving the East and West. Maybe not meaning anything to you but it is a big deal to what was in the future for the rap industry, changing the face of the game directly and indirectly.

Anyways its obvious you are speaking with little knowledge and considering that is the 2nd time you have misread a post of mine i dont really feel it is worth it to try to explain anything to you. Afterall the ignorant are always oblivious to the truth.

Peace
    (if you need more than that for me to prove my point just look at what "hip hop" is considered on mtv)

Are you having a laugh at our expense?? Tupac Shakur was all over MTV when he was alive and he's still all over it!! When he left New York to go to Death Row he became a POP artist and not the credible rapper you'll seem to think he is.

Tupac changed the game in a way that when he left, other people came in and took the spotlight and the wackest of them all came in, which happens to be puff daddy

Take off the rose-tinted spectacles for a minute, Tupac didn't change Hip-Hop much at all. Stop giving that "Bruce-Hornsby-Sampling" muthafucka props he doesn't deserve. He sold out to Death Row and the Billboard charts. He didn't invent the Gangsta Rap genre so how did he move the scene forward?? By giving Puffy a "leg-up" into the publics consciousness?? People filling the void left by Tupac's untimely and unfortunate death is not changing "the game". Other artists coming in and taking the spotlight ( which Tupac was determined to have shining on him at all times!! ) ?? Of course they would, What's your point?? Is Hip-Hop supposed to shut down?? I have read your post through a few times and there doesn't seem to be any coherent argument. If you like Tupac better than Biggie that's great, I'm made up for you. If you like Biggie better, cool. You are entitled to your opinion but don't flame "sred" for not fully understanding your post - the English is rather bad! And your point seems lost among the Hero-Worship of the late Tupac Shakur.

RIP BIGGIE SMALLS + TUPAC SHAKUR.
    Signature removed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast