Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What The Best Anime U Know?

Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    DBZ is S*it
    You're either a pro artist, some who watched only the english version of only DBZ, someone who only watched parts of it, or a plain moron.

Most non-anime pro artists don't like anime at all 'cause unlike most cartoons they attempt to make ppl look realistic and they fail miserably.

If you watched only the English version of DBZ only then you completely don't understand the story 'cause it's told poorly, you should watch Dragonball to really understand it.

If you're a moron... i don't know what to say.

Anyway, DB/Z/GT is the best anime series i've seen (by now i've seen a few), because it's not just about fighting like some other anime series, but it's about many important things in life, like the qualities of a person (i.e. friendship, courage, etc.). The story is also very interesting and the ending is incredibly sad (the DBGT ending). In the end of every series Goku leaves - in Dragonball he goes to the mountains to live with ChiChi not to be seen for a few years until DBZ starts, after DBZ he goes away for 3 years to reain with Uubu (Uub) and after GT he leaves for 100 years, during which everyone who ever cared for him dies except Pan. Also every series (DB, DBZ, DBGT) has its own message for the reader/watcher. DB's message (as i understood it) is that whenever you try hard you can do anything, DBZ's message was that, as Piccolo said it, 'the more you hurt people the more you get hurt' and DBGT's message was that if you really love someone you love them dearly and always keep them in your heart - that message was also well-displayed in the GT opening song Dan Dan Kokoro Hikarete'ku (bit by bit my heart is delighted). Also the DB/Z series have a sort of goal that Goku completes in the end, and a some character differences that are resolved. In DB the goal is to win the Martial Arts championship and Goku does it in the end with a win against Piccolo. In DBZ the goal is to become the strongest fighter in the universe, which is what Goku turns into after the defeat of Buu. The character differences in DB are between Goku and all the bad guys - DB shows where good heart can carry you. In DBZ matters are more complicated and the whole series is based on the feud of Goku vs. Vegeta - they always compete from the start until in the end Vegeta realizes that Goku is better. GT is simpler because it's shorter and wasn't written by Akira Toriyama, but Toriyama still wrote the script to the last episode, which showed just about everything that DB/Z/GT was all about. Goku said goodbye to Krillin after being friends since they were little kids and Krillin realizes that he's the only one that changed - Goku was still a child just as he was when they first met, android 18 was still young and beautiful, Master Roshi and the Turtle were still the same - old and nearly immortal, only Krillin changed from young to old over the years. Goku also shakes Piccolo's hand as he has never done before because Piccolo played a great part in all of the Z fighters' victories and Goku never really thanked him.

Anyway, i think that's enough for now... this were just some of the reasons why i thought DB/Z/GT is great...

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    Im a professional Artist and I hate Japanese cartoons
    I think the best of catooning was ren & stimpy I loved the Close-ups

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Smurfs and their houses.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    my favorite anime is 3x3 eyes and ninja scroll

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    I found DBZ cool, but I am a little bit older now

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Definately The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. It's the only anime that I've been able to sit through.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Akira ( Brilliant, better than most Hollywood films )

Ninja Scroll ( Fuckin' ROCKS!!!&#33

Golgo 13 ( My Favourite )

I also quite like the "Urutsukidoji" series but they can get a bit much.
    Signature removed

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster
    btw, the new anime "Beyond" was created by one of the "Akira" artists(Koji Morimoto).
    Back in the early 90's, Akira blew me away with its amazing graphics, and "Beyond" just multiplied that by 100.

if you want more info about "Beyond" visit www.whatisthematrix.com and look for the animatrix link.

one of the images:

check out the posters, bike, man you can even see the fungus growing on the brick wall, and check out the nails on the wall, i can't wait to see this short film.

I dont know about any of you but i prefer this kind of graphics over full 3d(toy story, monsters inc.)

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by six@2 May 2003 - 07:36
    check out the posters, bike, man you can even see the fungus growing on the brick wall, and check out the nails on the wall, i can't wait to see this short film.
    That's a bit drastic isn't it, fungus on the wall .
    Yep this is like any quality manga/anime film you will encounter. I watched Spirited Away (in Mandarin), Ghost in the Shell, Yuyu Hakusho (English Subtitled) during the middle of last year and I have to say I am impress by the storylines that were portrayed.

I absolutely loved Spirited Away for it's Cute-ness although it's still able to make the film such a success.
    I heard many rumors that the people from the matrix have had inspirations from Ghost in the Shell, another show I enjoyed, but I thought the ending left me pretty disappointed...
    Yuyu Hakusho, w00t, I loved that one, kept me tuned to the channel even while the ads were playing .
    Loved the final battle between him and the underworld.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Poster
    If you want a quick link to the Animatrix's webpage.
    Click Here.
    Link for people who want to avoid the main site with all the graphics there, it takes a while for 56k users like me to have it load.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast