Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone Sour releases

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Cool

They released some new stuff from their upcoming album Come What(ever) May

30/30-150
    Reborn
    Through the Glass

so far, it sounds really good, much better than their last album, and I dont care what anyone says, Corey Taylor has one of the best voices I've ever heard (remember the good old "Iowa" tour, his voice at its best).

here ya go and enjoy:

http://www.myspace.com/CoreyJTaylor (stream some of the new songs, including "Through the Glass"

30/30-150:
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/sha...our3030150.mp3

Reborn (not final version, that's why the sound quality isn't that great):
    http://www.stonesour1.com/scripts/do...abc/Reborn.mp3

And yes, the downloads are legal.

Can't f'ing wait for the concert/album, here's hoping they come to Vancouver (or at least Seattle).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #2
    bout time a new album was out....
    old one is starting to be to easy to play on guitar....
    cant wait to hear all the new full album...

3. Music   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty_03
    bout time a new album was out....
    old one is starting to be to easy to play on guitar....
    cant wait to hear all the new full album...
    starting to be too easy? lol, what the heck does that mean anyway. Stone Sour is by far the simplest band I've heard that can utilize that simplicity to make an awesome sound/songs. And ya, can't wait for them to come, I hope that the Family Value tour comes to Vancouver, or else I'll have to go all the way to Seattle ffs.

4. Music   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    And ya, can't wait for them to come, I hope that the Family Value tour comes to Vancouver, or else I'll have to go all the way to Seattle ffs.
    they still do the family values tour?! family values '98 was one of the first metal compilation cd's i ever bought. probably changed my life forever.

5. Music   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Oh yes so good everyone.

6. Music   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    And ya, can't wait for them to come, I hope that the Family Value tour comes to Vancouver, or else I'll have to go all the way to Seattle ffs.
    they still do the family values tour?! family values '98 was one of the first metal compilation cd's i ever bought. probably changed my life forever.
    Ya, Korn is starting it up again, but they never came to Vancouver for the previous Family Value tours (shit, Korn came a few months ago with Mudvayne so I doubt they're coming again ).

Looks like I have to drive to Seattle unless Stone Sour comes to Vancity with a diff. tour, highly-unlikely though

Pessimism is the way to go for now

7. Music   -   #7
    meh, the big-name band metal shows usually aren't that cool anyways. they're just full of so-so "metal" fans. i have way more fun at the local metal shows or the smaller clubs where everyone is legit and knows what's going on. those usually make for the most fun shows.

8. Music   -   #8
    meh, the big-name band metal shows usually aren't that cool anyways. they're just full of so-so "metal" fans. i have way more fun at the local metal shows or the smaller clubs where everyone is legit and knows what's going on. those usually make for the most fun shows.
    Ya, that's true. The slipknot concert (flaming begins in 5,4,3,2...now) was insanely cramped at the PNE forum, way too many ppl, made for one hell of a show. And the local bands, mostly unknown, are fucking awesome. Ya most of the local bands' music suck, but the ones that are good are pretty sweet. Can't get into clubs yet, have to wait like 2 more years (fake id here I come) but the ones at like pubs and stuff I go to. My friend is starting up a band, he's an amazing drummer (blast beats up the ass, he's harsh into heavy death metal, and listens to bands I've never heard of [Strapping Young Lads]) and I can't wait to see him perform, they already have a guitar player, but I asked if I could be a backup, I gotta vs. him (plays guitar too) tom. to see if I'm in or not, they need a bass player right now too.

9. Music   -   #9
    Ya, that's true. The slipknot concert (flaming begins in 5,4,3,2...now) was insanely cramped at the PNE forum, way too many ppl, made for one hell of a show. And the local bands, mostly unknown, are fucking awesome. Ya most of the local bands' music suck, but the ones that are good are pretty sweet. Can't get into clubs yet, have to wait like 2 more years (fake id here I come) but the ones at like pubs and stuff I go to. My friend is starting up a band, he's an amazing drummer (blast beats up the ass, he's harsh into heavy death metal, and listens to bands I've never heard of [Strapping Young Lads]) and I can't wait to see him perform, they already have a guitar player, but I asked if I could be a backup, I gotta vs. him (plays guitar too) tom. to see if I'm in or not, they need a bass player right now too.

you've never heard of strapping young lad? devin townsend is pretty amazing. if you really wanted to get into that band you'd buy yourself a bass and you'd just be a shoe-in.

10. Music   -   #10

you've never heard of strapping young lad? devin townsend is pretty amazing. if you really wanted to get into that band you'd buy yourself a bass and you'd just be a shoe-in.
    lol, ya but I know nothing about bass, other than some great bass players and songs. But ya, strapping young lads sounds fucking heavy, the vocalist is the funniest person I've ever heard. lmao, Dave (the friend i mentioned) was playing this song in his car, forgot what it is, but b/w choruses/versus (where the guitar is just going at it) he just randomly yells stuff like piss/fuck/i bleed cum/ i was laughing my ass of

P.S. got my warlock back (you know what i'll be doing to it tonight )
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 06-04-2006 at 03:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast