Thread: Problems uploading to oink users

sabien's Avatar Member
    Hi there good folks!

I'm having some problems seeding to other oink users through azureus. This reflects my share ratio and in the end I'll probably get my ass kicked the Hell out!

Anyone got any good advice in how to improve my seeding, without uploading ripped cd's, I only have vinyl

Peace

Sabbe
    I'll beat your fists with my face

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ssj4gogeta's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Oink have changed how much ratio is ok for a user to have before they get kicked out, depending on how much you have downloaded take a look at http://oink.me.uk/ratiowatch.php

As for improving your ratio, your best bet would properly be to grab a torrent with a load of leechers and only 1 or 2 seeders.
    Last edited by ssj4gogeta; 05-30-2006 at 08:52 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    I had problems too, I'm using Utorrent.

I had a torrent with 3 peers and 16 seeders, it hasn't uploaded 1kb

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Had the same problem myself. Apart from a few torrents there's not that many with loads of leechers. My last download was seeded for about a month and still did not get up to 1:1.

Seems to be there's more unconnectable users there than on other sites.

Only get it on Oink now if I can't get it elsewhere.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    It's pretty difficult to initially maintain at oink.me without uploading something. It can be difficult to get good upload speeds even with several leechers. At any rate, here's a few good ways to keep a good ratio at oink:

1) Upload something. Seriously, this is the best way (unless you're Sabien )

2) Download a couple dozen torrents and keep them all seeding at once. This is what I most often do.

3) Start up a particularly large discography and leech for around ten minutes. Then limit your download rate. If there's enough other leechers you'll consistently upload more than you download.

Also, it is often the case (for me at least) that if i'm seeding a torrent from any other site concurrently with the oink torrents, almost none of my upload bandwidth will go towards oink. Keep that in mind!
    Last edited by rguinn; 05-31-2006 at 05:26 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    You could always download things from other trackers that Oink doesn't have, and upload those.

It doesn't always have to be music... it could be PDFs etc. Be creative

No matter what you upload, you will get at least 2-3 leechers, and usually 1.5x the file size. So upload something big, ie. something that's 1gb and you're good to go.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sissoko's Avatar "Witty Comment" BT Rep: +2
    Or you could go and buy a CD with the intention of putting it onto oink. When I first signed up there, I got a David Lee Roth discography from BitSoup and uploaded it. My ratio is still looking good from doing that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    downloading from elsewhere and uploading to oink is only good in some circumstances.
    u cannot upload it if it is freely available for download on the net.
    u cannot upload it if it is a transcode.
    if u dont know what a transcode is, dont upload anything u've downloaded elsewhere, only upload things u've ripped urself.

in all honesty, there are hundreds of posts on the oink forums with REALLY good advise for new members to get them going.
    some of the ideas given here will kill the ratio of alot of users.
    Quote Originally Posted by rguinn
    2) Download a couple dozen torrents and keep them all seeding at once. This is what I most often do.
    this would kill somebody new. its a good idea if u have a ratio buffer to do so, but not without it.