Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Torrent sites with bonus seeding?

Ivanov's Avatar BitTorrent Addict BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    supertorrents org/net
    “For her, yeah. At the end of the day, it's all about her. It's always been about her."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Scenelinks also has it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    there are no leechers on good sites

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by w3stfa11
    Quote Originally Posted by zak2210
    What is bonus seeding? (Sorry for the n00b question)
    You receive 0.5 points for every hour the system registers you as a seeder. Even if you are not uploading anything (like when there's no leechers), as long as you're seeding, you get points. These points add up over time.

You can then trade these points for invites or upload bonuses. For example, if I have 75 points, I can trade them in for 1 gb of upload; 250 points for 5 gb of upload. It's a great bonus.
    Seems like that system can easily be abused. For instance you have 10 torrents opened for seeding but set your max upload rate at 5kb/s. Your getting the points but not uploading anything even when there are leechers...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah there will always be douchebags out there that do those kinds of things there is no getting around it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    this system really doesn't encourage one to seed. I've been seeding the same six torrents at learnbits for a week or two now. my upload is set to max but there are no leechers, so i'm just sitting there, accruing a ton of bonus points... currently sitting on a ratio of 5.143...

problem is, at this point I can pretty much get away without doing any seeding, if need be. I could probably download consistently and never catch up to the bonuses.

good system for the users, bad system overall for the site. it's just BEGGING to be abused.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Some sites base your bonus on your upload speed. So if you cap your upload then less bonus....much fairer system.

But on some of the smaller sites, who want to stay small and elite, there are fewer leeches and the bonus system is needed there to entice people into downloading. Swings and roundabouts really!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Doyanakadar
    ehe

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    kesava108's Avatar Servant in training
    supertorrents

is quite a new site but bonus system is flawed

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I talked to admin at supertorrents and if you are seeding and there are no leechers you dont get as many points as when you are actually uploading kbs.Which is good to know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast