Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inboard Graphics Card Help

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    I just bought me Radeon 9000, I wanna install it already, But my motherboard itself has ATI Rage Pro Turbo, I i need help to uninstall this from there how i do this?? Please help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    when asking for help, please include your operating system. ok, go into your device manager and select your card. right click it and click properties. then you should get a tab that will allow you to remove/disable your old card. also go to the controll panel and select add/remove programs for any specific software that accompanies your old card. once this is completed, you can add your new card in according to the instructions it came with.

I dont know how computer savy you are, if this is over your head, let me know. i will break it down further for you.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    it sounds like you mean your mobo has integrated graphics right?
    thats different then a graphics card. if it does have integrated graphics
    then you need to go into your bios and disable the onboard video.
    then install the new card and boot up. then install the drivers for the
    new card and you are good to go.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    It has an AGP slot right? (brown in color, near your white PCI slots)

Some Mobos with onboard video don't have one.

If it does, than it should be easily disabled.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    most comps now let u turn off the onboard video from the bios but there a re a few that u have to set a jumper on the mB to diable it

that said u dont have to disable it if ur useing win xp it will let u run more then 1 video card at 1 time so if u got a extra monitor u can hav 2 going at 1 time and kepp things like kazaa going on one and something else on the other one

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    @krome,
    We need some clarification from you.

Are you talking about that ATI Rage Pro as being integrated into you motherboard?
    Is your new ATI Radeon 9000 a PCI or AGP version?
    Are you asking how to install it into your case or are you asking about installing into Windows?

What Motherboard (Brand, Model, BIOS rev. etc.)
    What Operating system (Windows version)

Be specific as to what help you need. Why do you ask for help? What is your difficulty?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@1 May 2003 - 16:39
    @krome,
    We need some clarification from you.

Are you talking about that ATI Rage Pro as being integrated into you motherboard?
    Is your new ATI Radeon 9000 a PCI or AGP version?
    Are you asking how to install it into your case or are you asking about installing into Windows?

What Motherboard (Brand, Model, BIOS rev. etc.)
    What Operating system (Windows version)

Be specific as to what help you need. Why do you ask for help? What is your difficulty?
    my new ATI Radeon 9000, is AGP, and my OS is Windows98...

I still have put the card in i need more help cause the instruction didn't say how to diable my old video from MBoard

My ? now is

1. Do i remove it 1st from the Device Manager or from the BIOS? Like change the setting from "PCI" to "AGP" which its originally set at?

2. What jumper cables? I dont see any of that here

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    Go to device manager first, and is your rage integrated to the motherboard or not? And does it have open agp? C'mon, more info.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Yes, and it has space for AGP card

On the device manager, in propties for my old Rage Pro Turbo, At the bottom there is a Checkmark where it says

Device Usage [X] "Exists all hardware profile" <~ do i need to uncheck that also??

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    What motherboard do you have. There must be a number or ID on it. What computer system do have? DELL, Gateway, etc...

With that information, I can probably download the PDF file and tell you exactly what to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast