Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virus Spreading On Kazaalite

the person who origionally posted this topic hasent got norton setup properly it should have stopped the download b4 it started as it did for me when i tried to download getright 5.5 wich has this worm

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    [B]Wow, I thought i was the only one that had contracted this virus! I wasn't able to locate what file it came from, but am glad to know I was not crazy. My Norton Antivirus 2003 also detected it, whereas other antivirus programs missed it. Whew, I thought I was crazy, but I guess a little sanity still remains!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    What's really hilarious is that, by putting malicious code in files, the RIAA didn't defeat an enemy. The merely created a new enemy ... the people who develop and market anti-viral software and firewalls. In order for them to maintain the integrity of their product, they'll be forced to upgrade AV/firewalls to meet the new threats.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@6 May 2003 - 22:32
    In order for them to maintain the integrity of their product, they'll be forced to upgrade AV/firewalls to meet the new threats.
    Thus the cycle begins again. The ying/yang of filesharing.
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    I personally think that Norton is a waste of time - i do a lot of work in the former USSR ( where a lot of viruses emerge) and no company i have ever worked for uses norton any more - it just doesnt pick up a lot of the viruses, i had a virus on one machine , i knew it was there, i did a NAV update, scanned and guess what - it never picked the virus up, this has happened a lot of times.

I would reccomend using Kaspersky lab or the best one at the moment is called Dr.web - recently voted number 1 in russia BTW !!

Dont get me wrong if norton works for people and ur happy with it then fine, but just be aware it could be missing viruses that are there!

cheers

R

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Vary rarely will any of the anti virus software available pick up non public trojans.

All executable downloads should be treated as suspect IMO.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@7 May 2003 - 03:32
    What's really hilarious is that, by putting malicious code in files, the RIAA didn't defeat an enemy. The merely created a new enemy ... the people who develop and market anti-viral software and firewalls. In order for them to maintain the integrity of their product, they'll be forced to upgrade AV/firewalls to meet the new threats.
    Well that's good for their business, hardly an enemy, nor do I believe they are responsible for this worm.

By the way, the file that will re-seed the virus into your computer and recreate the registry changes and shared folders as many times as you delete them is named Xms32.exe, which is placed as a hidden file in c:/windows/system directory. This file is created the moment you try to open one of the infected files, which appears to do nothining, and they are all labled with small blue lettering that says "self extracting". This worm is very large as the file I downloaded had 774 sources.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    yep this virus is everywere i checked out winrar 3.8 and guess what over 100 users with this file lmfao
    and the funny thing is their is no winrar 3.8 or even 3.3 so this virus intention is to cripple the network IMO
    also when you search for things lots and lots of the same file just keep appearing so give it a few weeks and this will be massive blow to kazaa. the network is going to cripple cant belive their is still thousands of people out there with no virus software or there to stupid to update the god damm thing.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    i am its latest victim. I am on 98 and it copied it somewhere else i am doing a scan now.

ps i never had norton on

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    WHY HackerS Love 2 CRACKS OUR PCS ???????? i REALLY HATE THAT KIND OF PEOPLE THEY DESERVE 2 DIE DIE DIE DIE IN MY HANDS !!!!!!! DO NOT SHARE VIRUSES !! SHARE ANIME IDIOTS !!!!!

SHARE IS THE VERY MEANING OF OUR LIVES °°°°°!!! KEEP SHARING !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast