Thread: ie

everytime i try to download a file from a website i get a message saying that my current security settign do not allow me to download any files.so when i change the setting to allow me to download files it changes it self back to disable after i reset my computer.what can i do to keep the setting from resetting everytime?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    You can always use a good web browser like Firefox or Opera

But IE should save ur settings... Dont know what it isnt. But in IE there should be an option to reset all IE settings.... That might do the trick..
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq86
    everytime i try to download a file from a website i get a message saying that my current security settign do not allow me to download any files.so when i change the setting to allow me to download files it changes it self back to disable after i reset my computer.what can i do to keep the setting from resetting everytime?
    For your OS, are you running an account that is limited/restricted? I know at my school we have logins that are not administrator but they are limited/restricted. When we try to save settings it automatically gets set back to default when the PC gets restarted or the login gets logged out.