Thread: Movie Name

Poster
    This film is at least 6 years old and is 3 hours long. It is about the life of a man growing up in LA or other city who gets involved with gangs and gets sent to a max security prison. In the prison he joins up with the gang of his ethnic background for protection and I think ends up running it or at least helping to.

I can not remember to many details about it but I can remember that his brother or best mate while growing up is a cop and ends up chasing the main star after he has been released from prison and shoots him causing him to loose his leg below the knee. While in prison for the second time he starts to get power with the prison gang and at one point has a run in with another prison gang and gets seperated from his false limb and is humilliated by having to crawl in the dust to get it back while they laugh at him.

I made the mistake of lending it to a mate who then lost it. It is a great film and I wouls love to get another copy. First I need to get the films name, any ideas please.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Philupnorth@1 May 2003 - 17:05
    This film is at least 6 years old and is 3 hours long. It is about the life of a man growing up in LA or other city who gets involved with gangs and gets sent to a max security prison. In the prison he joins up with the gang of his ethnic background for protection and I think ends up running it or at least helping to.

I can not remember to many details about it but I can remember that his brother or best mate while growing up is a cop and ends up chasing the main star after he has been released from prison and shoots him causing him to loose his leg below the knee. While in prison for the second time he starts to get power with the prison gang and at one point has a run in with another prison gang and gets seperated from his false limb and is humilliated by having to crawl in the dust to get it back while they laugh at him.

I made the mistake of lending it to a mate who then lost it. It is a great film and I wouls love to get another copy. First I need to get the films name, any ideas please.
    Blood In, Blood Out (1993) is your movie I am confident, however I do not think I ever saw it. I used some key words from your description and searched using google, viola. Your welcome and be sure to let us know if it isn't. I am always up for a challenge. Here is a LINK to some info about the movie.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    I think you are right i reconise the title, thanks a lot