Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Geforce2 Mx 200 (compaq Consumer)

I have "NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 (Compaq Consumer)" as a display driver and how do I update it to the newest?

If I use the Windows Update,then the newest there is something called "NVIDIA Display Driver Version 4.0.7.2" but I have installed that one before and it had some problem with it cuz it make my computer crash all the time and now I have reinstalled my computer so I donīt think I wat to install that one again.

If I go to NVIDIA,then there is many drivers and I have no idea what I should choose cuz I have never done it before.

I use Windows XP Home Edition so Im not sure but should I choose to install this one from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_43.45

That version is 43.45 but the Windows Update points to something called "NVIDIA Display Driver Version 4.0.7.2" or maybe is it not the same thing.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Well some say you should be able to use just about any Nvidia driver out there for the Geforce card. Not always the case, check out this Site. The most recent I see for your particular card shows XP Detonator Driver 21.33. Perhaps you should try that one, but first uninstall the drivers you have now and run the program called Nasty File Remover (NFR), see under "My Software' section. Removes any left over nvidia/detonator files not removed on uninstall.

Of course Guru3d.com has drivers as well if you want to play around with them...............

I'd say uninstall the drivers, run NFR, the install the next drivers in line...............
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Odysseus@1 May 2003 - 15:15
    Well some say you should be able to use just about any Nvidia driver out there for the Geforce card. Not always the case, check out this Site. The most recent I see for your particular card shows XP Detonator Driver 21.33. Perhaps you should try that one, but first uninstall the drivers you have now and run the program called Nasty File Remover (NFR), see under "My Software' section. Removes any left over nvidia/detonator files not removed on uninstall.

Of course Guru3d.com has drivers as well if you want to play around with them...............

I'd say uninstall the drivers, run NFR, the install the next drivers in line...............
    I think the one you suggested me to download was the one I already had downloaded before I reinstalled my computer again cuz it would crash and my computer would automatically restart to prevent it to damage my computer.

The reason why I think itīs the same is becuz when I installed it before using Windows Update then the name "NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200" showed up here in the picture instead of the one I have now which is NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200:
    Picture1

The picture is from my current one and here is some information about it.
    Picture2

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    For some reason I cannot see the pics, can you post using another host? Try running the NFR program to see if you have any driver files left and clean the system. You may have a file conflicting somewhere.

You can also try using the Nvidia XP/2000 archive of previous drivers and see if one of those works for you. Drivers start back with ver 28.84 on up to latest.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Can you see the picture now?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Crack_man@1 May 2003 - 10:18
    Can you see the picture now?
    Nope...sorry
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    From what I hear Compaq systems tend to be a little 'flakey'. They usually require you to get your hardware and software only from them. You might want to try searching their website for the newest drivers for your system...

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

(And by the way, I can see the pictures just fine, Odysseus.)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I dont know what I should do.This is what I should do I think.

1: Uninstall the driver (Which I have no idea on how to do)
    2: Use Nasty File Remover (I have never used it before so Im not sure here cuz maybe it will remove something I need)
    3: Install new driver (Have no idea here either on which driver to install and how to install it)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Go to the Nvdia website and get the latest Detonator drivers for windows xp. They will work fine for your computer and there should be no need to erase any old files off of your system. The drivers in windows update are old versions.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by rastilin@2 May 2003 - 10:46
    Go to the Nvdia website and get the latest Detonator drivers for windows xp. They will work fine for your computer and there should be no need to erase any old files off of your system. The drivers in windows update are old versions.
    I have never done it before so do you know the link to it where I can download it or is it this one:
    http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_43.45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast