Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which One?

I 'm newbie ,wich one of this prog. you like and why:tweak xp pro,boost xp?thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Which part of xp do u want to tweak(performance,visuals)..?

Just performance something like xpsmoker...

Visuals and shit Tweakxp pro then uninstall it and install xpsmoker..

When u uninstall Tweakxp it don't delete it's tweaks alsoTweakxp pro has to much crap in it u wan't use ..it also puts shit in the backgeound.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I am not familiar with either of those programs. Are they supposed to enhance the performance of XP?
    If so, I would recommend this site blackviper. This guy has done some major research and has three different configurations you can try. It's very interesting reading and easy to use.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I want to tweak performance ,i have 256 ram ,amd +1800, xp , and sometimes its slow ,very slow

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 May 2003 - 07:04
    I want to tweak performance ,i have 256 ram ,amd +1800, xp , and sometimes its slow ,very slow
    Try Blackviper. He explains all the Windows XP default settings and how they can be altered for performance.
    For XP he has even made it easier cause you can implement his settings with one click. Just be sure to read the WHOLE thing first and be sure to get the default settings first and save them. That way, if anything goes wrong you can go back to stock.
    I'm currently running his Gaming setup and it flies!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You might also want to check out if you have probs with some of MS's patches. They have screwed up some computers I hear. If you have enabled automatic update you may have had them installed without realizing it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    I think i'd second that clocker.. with those specs it should'nt run that slow ..sharedholder mayb u have a problem somwhere

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i recomend smoker xp
    tweak 5ux0r

tho i have xp1900+ and 500 and sometimes i get lag
    it could be your page file usage or ram usage

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 May 2003 - 14:04
    Hmmm...

You deserve a computer that doesn't need to be tweaked.

It seems as though you have a good computer and want to "make it better", without spending a fortune.

For me, the best solution that I found was buying a high quality video accelerator card, like any new Geforce with the NVIDIA driver. You can always transfer that card to your future PC upgrade, and thank yourself too, when that time comes.

Reinstalling your entire OS is a good idea. A clean start. Also, go into your BIOS and start with the manufacture's "Best Performance" setting. Tweak the BIOS by disabling unused features.

See how everything works in the newly installed "resource hogging" Windows XP. If everything is smooth, then you are set! If not, then try one of those TWEAKer programs and see if there is an improvement. If not, then you may need to upgrade your PC.

Personally, I prefer the Pentium4 series (2.0gHz or better) on a mother that has atleast 533mhz side bus speed. AMD is good, but I don't like them for my type of usage. I don't like that AMD sells a CPU called +1800, when it is actually a 1.6gHz or 1.2gHz processor. They should call it what it is.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    sharedholder first post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast