Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Tried Longhorn Yet?

Poster
    ARGGGG can people search for this topic before they post a new one. This has been discussed way to many times. The answer is the same always. It is in alpha stage and is very buggy. A piece of crap. If you must try it out install on a second partition and dual boot to try out.

BUT MAKE SURE DO NOT INSTALL AS MAIN OS IT CAN F*CK UP EASILY!!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@2 May 2003 - 01:01
    ARGGGG can people search for this topic before they post a new one. This has been discussed way to many times. The answer is the same always. It is in alpha stage and is very buggy. A piece of crap. If you must try it out install on a second partition and dual boot to try out.

BUT MAKE SURE DO NOT INSTALL AS MAIN OS IT CAN F*CK UP EASILY!!!!!
    Mmm... yeah. Back the truck up there, skippy. No reason to get all overexcited.

I did search for this topic, and I'm not complaining about the stability or reliability of this operating system. It's not a piece of crap, and it's not buggy at all (especially for an alpha). The only time the system has been off in the past 3 months is because it had to reboot to install version 4015.

No one in their right mind would possibly upgrade their main system with an alpha. It's just for educational purposes.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    From what i seen, looks like its gonna kicks XPs ass serious. Loved alot of things bout it. But deff still alot of bugs, and killa on the resources.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    gave it a go on my friends computer it sux the ugly bar down the side sux everything sux about it couldnt even get KL to run on it dont install it wait till it reach veta at least dont waste ur time with it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by adthomp@2 May 2003 - 11:35
    gave it a go on my friends computer it sux the ugly bar down the side sux everything sux about it couldnt even get KL to run on it dont install it wait till it reach veta at least dont waste ur time with it
    Well, I like it. It's very customizable. If you don't like the "ugly bar down the side" you can do without it. Personally, I didn't like it at first, but it grows on you. The new folder views can be helpful as well, although it's a bit hard to appreciate it all in alpha form. You people complain about it like you expect it to be the ultimate OS in the world, and have everything run on it right off the bat. Of course you're going to have problems with some programs, they're not built to support it yet! If you're interested in software engineering at all, it's nice to watch the progression from infancy to the eventual marketed product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12