Thread: windows xp: Validation Incomplete: Unable to Perform Validation

i reinstalled windows today after a hardrive crash last night... now when i go to update windows i get this message (Validation Incomplete: Unable to Perform Validation ). umm. no. i do realize this is a filesharing board i'm asking for help on but i did actually buy this copy of windows and it is only used on this machine. i'm wondering if anyone can give me a work around to be able to update and get past this or a way to resolve this w/ microsoft since they dont give any help on their website
    Last edited by reignking; 06-19-2006 at 04:34 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    If your XP is legit. Call M$.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    If your XP is legit. Call M$.
    I agree. Microsoft has operators in place that do nothing but assist people with activation problems, provided of course that their copies of the operating system are indeed legitimate and that they are being applied to the same hardware.

Basically they will walk you through a process which verifies the legitimacy of your copy and license. If it passes, they will issue you a new key which will activate your operating system fully.

This will be your best avenue of approach rather than trying to scour the internet for questionable XP hack tools, IMO.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Did a friends legit Win XP home validation and was so frustrated that I gave the phone to my 10 year old son . A woman from India ? could n't under stand me when I read the Validation sticker numbers . So have every thing ready with the portable phone at the computer , be ready to jump thru hoops .

In hind site I should of did it over the Internet .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I was forced to the same sort of torture a few years ago with HP/Compaq's support center.

I feel your pain.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    omg what a pain in the ass... i did finally call and get someone who i could understand (after 3 calls) and it is sorted out but... wow is all i can say.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by reignking
    omg what a pain in the ass... i did finally call and get someone who i could understand (after 3 calls) and it is sorted out but... wow is all i can say.

Ya pretty silly I was tempted to just install my XP Pro corp ,but Buddie paid for the Home version . What a maroon !

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I validated Windows Xp BORG edition by calling the number. I think they will validate anything.