Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wich Virus Scaner?

wich virus scaner do you guys think is the best?

1C cillin
    2:Norton AntiVirus 2003 Pro
    3:MacAfee Virusscan Pro

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I like Norton. Very userfriendly and great customer support (my experience from a bought copy)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    o_ICEMAN_o, you should&#39;ve made this a poll...

i like norton antivirus 2003

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    I liked Norton AV2003 as well, unfortunately Norton is a resource hogger and has some issues. This site has antivirus pro&#39;s - con&#39;s reviews. I use Kaspersky Antivirus.

As they say to each his/her own...............
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    PC cillin works best for me. I used to have norton, then I switched to PC cillin and found about three viruses on my computer that notron didn&#39;t recignise, and my definitions were up to date. So i would go with PC cillin.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Odysseus@1 May 2003 - 15:53
    I liked Norton AV2003 as well, unfortunately Norton is a resource hogger and has some issues. This site has antivirus pro&#39;s - con&#39;s reviews. I use Kaspersky Antivirus.
    ok, im surprised. I was expecing everyone to come on saying norton. But no, its had a little response I see. I use avg and find it the best in every way (resources use best thing ). PC cillin, they any good? I have the latest edition that came which my motherboard and thought it wa crap.

@odysseus: that sites a bit amatuer. Saying avg is bad and for all the wrong reasons&#33; (speed of pc, effectiveness etc). And for saying norton&#39;s bad .......... its definetly the best but Its true about the system hog, which is my reason for not using it. mcaffe the best? ........ thats the worst ive ever used&#33;, never found a single virus once&#33;, used avg and it found five which was secretly ruining my hard drive. That site chats shit i think.

As for my vote, its avg all the way&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I use NAV. People who&#39;s opinion I value also recommend PC-cillin,Kaspersky, Dr. Web & AVG. My strongest opinion though is to stay AWAY from mcafee IMO it&#39;s a POS.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    nav 2003.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Trend Micro PC-cillin 2003. It is the best.

Norton is very buggy and always gave me problems.

Another problem with norton is they only update there virus definitions every wedsday and tren micro updates there every 2 days or so.

Only problem about pc-cillin is you need to get a patch so u can update for free. You can find one on kazaa easily then you apply it and your good to go.

PC-cillin 2003 also comes with a firewall.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    the-ninja is right trend micro&#39;s pc cillin 2003 is probably the best and the firewall it comes with is quite good but i havent installed it because i have sygate and armour 2 net firewalls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast