Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA Finals 2006 - Miami or Dallas?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Dallas.

Nowitzki.

'Nuff said.

Busyman-
    We both were wrong. Nowit actually showed up this game but

THE MIAMI HEAT ARE THE NEW NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

I didn't think they would win but they did and....I'm glad.

Shaq gets his 4th. Wade (in only his 3rd year in the league) gets his first and so does (and finally) veterans, Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning. Also can't forget Jason Williams (White Chocolate ) and Antoine Walker.

I must say this series was a battle but Miami won 4 in a row to grab it. Many players like Udonis Haslem and Antoine Walker stepped up with double digit scoring. The Heat had about 10 FUCKING BLOCKS with Alonzo having about half of them. They all were brutal too.

Dwyane Wade has to easily be the MVP. He knocked down free-throw after free-throw at the end and averaged about 35 points for the series.

A no-brainer.

I guess someone has to get bumped of my top ten players. I don't think Wade was on it but HAS TO BE now.

Wade
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Nash
    Arenas
    LBJ

aww hell I'm going to sleep.

I think this is the 3rd time out of 27 in Finals history that a team came back, down 0-2 to win a Championship.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-21-2006 at 04:17 AM.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    amazing... simply amazing...

heat deserved it all along and from the beginning of the season i said they were in for a great chance of winning it all.. and they went on and did just that.

shaq, wade.. the next kobe-shaq pair? we'll see...

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    It was funny every time Nowit' shot a free throw in Miami. The whole crowd was yelling "Daaaaavid Haaaaaselhoff!" and waving his picture in the seats behind the backboard.

I wish I was there. I love David Hasselhoff.

Oh and to any Dallas fan that comes in here saying Josh didn't call time-out...well he didn't...he signaled for it........TWICE so STFU.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I
    David Hasselhoff is an asshole; ask anybody.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    I
    Weird too. Wifey was was watchin' some show last night called I've Got Talent (or some shit like that) and he was a judge.

Wtf? We aren't Germany. He was not a hit here (as far as I know). Maybe Dirk picked his favorite singer for the show.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    The Heat had about 10 FUCKING BLOCKS with Alonzo having about half of them. They all were brutal too.
    One of the blocks after his airball

Another block that saved Gary Payton's dumbass

Why the fuck would a person jabber with a ref when they could close out a team for a championship that they never got?

'Cause that person is an idiot.

Also a sweet pass from White Chocolate for the dunk

I wish the video was at regular speed for the full effect of that pass.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-23-2006 at 01:25 AM.

7. Sports Club   -   #27

Weird too. Wifey was was watchin' some show last night called I've Got Talent (or some shit like that) and he was a judge.

Wtf? We aren't Germany. He was not a hit here (as far as I know). Maybe Dirk picked his favorite singer for the show.
    I was at the opening ceremony of the '96 Olympics in Atlanta, and they introduced various celebs before and after the cermony proper, Muhammad Ali amongst them (this was after he had lit the torch), and of the perhaps 15-20 "stars", David Hasselhoff was the only one who acknowledged the crowd from amid an entourage of bodyguards who had nothing at all to do.

Funny thing was, Ali was the first one to appear, and he had no one within 10-15 feet of him as he shuffled along.

Hasselhoff was waaaaaay down the list, but I'd have though he'd be impressed with the fact that, if Ali needed no bodyguarding (in an admittedly controlled setting), he himself could do without as well.

The crowd didn't pay him any attention anyhow, so I'm sure he felt slighted, big, huge international star that he is...

A dork of truly magnificent dimension.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #28

I was at the opening ceremony of the '96 Olympics in Atlanta, and they introduced various celebs before and after the cermony proper, Muhammad Ali amongst them (this was after he had lit the torch), and of the perhaps 15-20 "stars", David Hasselhoff was the only one who acknowledged the crowd from amid an entourage of bodyguards who had nothing at all to do.

Funny thing was, Ali was the first one to appear, and he had no one within 10-15 feet of him as he shuffled along.

Hasselhoff was waaaaaay down the list, but I'd have though he'd be impressed with the fact that, if Ali needed no bodyguarding (in an admittedly controlled setting), he himself could do without as well.

The crowd didn't pay him any attention anyhow, so I'm sure he felt slighted, big, huge international star that he is...

A dork of truly magnificent dimension.

When I heard he was hit as a singer "somewhere", I just couldn't believe it. Then I heard him sing and really couldn't believe it.

Oh well, as many say, there's a whole world out there.

9. Sports Club   -   #29

When I heard he was hit as a singer "somewhere", I just couldn't believe it. Then I heard him sing and really couldn't believe it.

Oh well, as many say, there's a whole world out there.
    Yeah, I've heard that.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123