Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Access The Site

manker's Avatar effendi
    I've PMed a trace route and am using a proxy to post this.

I don't come on FST all that much while at home - I'm normally here while at work.

Odd that my work IP is banned from the site but I can access it normally from home.

So, is this general incompetence from the admin or is the site getting hacked - 'cos to the members, it's looking like incompetence.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Seems the common factor is its a UK issue...
    Why would you say that when it's happened to you and you're not from the UK.

Just reset my work IP and it's working now, doesn't explain what went wrong and most definitely not a UK thing.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Just had a popup from FST,

had to log in again as my login cookie had been cleared after the popup!
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Does everyone just get what BAZ posted or something else?
    Can't beleive the thread has gone this long and still noone has explained what is happening.
    Erro messages? DB errors? Just can't logon or can't view forum at all? Does refreshing fix it?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I didn't get the same popup as Baz. Though I might have different settings in popup blocker etc.

I still need to se a proxy to log on, but I haven't tried changing my IP yet. Clearing my cache, cookies etc and rebooting didn't work.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I've PMed a trace route and am using a proxy to post this.

I don't come on FST all that much while at home - I'm normally here while at work.

Odd that my work IP is banned from the site but I can access it normally from home.
    Thanks for sending the traceroute as its what we wanted and its been sent tech so maybe we can see what the cause is. Specifically looking for traceroute from a pc that cant connect to the site such as that. Would like to get this from JP also if hes still having issues connecting to the site. This does not appear to be a ban issue as you would see the site with a message and not be getting 404 errors.

Quote Originally Posted by CELEBS
    Just had a popup from FST
    As for Baz the traceroute he sent swows he can connect fine and may have some sort of browser issues where he is connecting with certain browsers yet not others. What he sees poping up seems to be unique to in his case I think.

Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Seems the common factor is its a UK issue...
    Why would you say that when it's happened to you and you're not from the UK.

Just reset my work IP and it's working now, doesn't explain what went wrong and most definitely not a UK thing.
    When it happened to me it was with a backup of the site that was only up for an hour as it had to be taken down due to major corruption. When I cleared everything out and did a reboot all was fine from there on. Could be something that occured for those browsing the site at that point I suppose. As for the members that have the issue now the only common factor Ive found so far is UK for now...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27

Laugh

What he sees poping up seems to be unique to in his case I think.

Thank you, Glad to be of some help.
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    RealitY,

I've sent you the traceroute using the method you wanted.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    RealitY,

I've sent you the traceroute using the method you wanted.
    The traceroute youve sent shows complete showing you can access the site. Have fowarded it to tech anyway as the times are awful it seems. Can you still not access the site going direct or is it just slow. So far tech has yet to find anything on thier side causing this as in the case of manker issue seems to be on the side of the provider hes using...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    When it happened to me it was with a backup of the site that was only up for an hour as it had to be taken down due to major corruption. When I cleared everything out and did a reboot all was fine from there on. Could be something that occured for those browsing the site at that point I suppose. As for the members that have the issue now the only common factor Ive found so far is UK for now...
    Now I know what the problem is that you had.
    He was settings apache on and off a lot which made it not able to connect, the same happened to me earlier that night when you weren't on...
    I doubt that has anything to do with this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast