Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ie7

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    next to the adress bar...it's a combo refresh/go.

What I hate about the new microsoft programs is that you can never find the file/tools/etc manus
    Go to Tools on the right side of the toolbar. Go to Toolbars/Classic Menu.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    next to the adress bar...it's a combo refresh/go.

What I hate about the new microsoft programs is that you can never find the file/tools/etc manus
    IE isn't the worst of them.
    My least favorite is office 2007 but that's probably fixed by now in the betas.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    OK, I've installed IE7 beta cos some people say it's better.

M$ also tell me it's safer and tidier but I'm not so sure since the toolbar area at the top is now fucking massive.
    I used to have the menus top left and address bar next to that on the right. Underneath that was the toolbar with added buttons to the right of those, and underneath these I had my links bar.
    Now I have an address bar at the top with a search box next to it, menus underneath and some links to the right (won't all fit in), some toolbar buttons are next and below these the 'command bar' - well, other toolbar buttons, actually.
    I have managed to turn off the ghey tabs though.

Looks like a load of pish to me.
    You've got to be kidding me.

Move the shit around, ffs. You can turn shit off ya know. I don't have File Edit Favorites etc. even showing. I surf in full screen mode. The toolbar isn't even showing.

This has gotta be a
    No rod

Move which shit around? You can't:
    - put anything next to the 'Control Bar' (Bar Formerly Known As Tool)
    - remove the ghey search box
    - move the (ridiculously wide) address bar, or put anything next to it, for that matter

I don't surf in fullscreen and the top of my IE6 window is three bars deep. MS brag that the new layout maximises the page-view but the top of IE7's window ends up 4 bars deep.
    If you enable tabbed mode, the 'Command Bar' gets shunted way off to the right, which cannot in the least be considered 'intuitive'.

I don't dislike everything about IE7, just 95% of it. They finally appear to have noticed that IE couldn't print web pages properly without a third party plugin, and the phishing tool looks very useful, it's just that this is a great opportunity for MS to design a great browser, and they're completely fucking it up.
    Don't just take my word for it, take a look at the requests on MS' own newsgroup-type feedback thingumajig.

MS say "We Listened" when you install IE7 and I have to ask if they're hard of hearing.

I've installed the latest FF to see if it's improved much, but I'm not that impressed with it.
    Back using IE6 ATM.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Don't bet on it. From the small reference to it in the MS IE feedback 'group', it sounds like it's gonna be similar.

I've heard that they decided people were confused by the menu because things were just thrown in there regardless of whether it was intuitive. I can vouch for that because the menus in Office 11 apps (and people have been complaining about them for over 10 years now) appear thrown together willy-nilly with little or no thought at all.
    That doesn't mean that moving them to a 'bar' and giving them different names is a better idea than actually sorting the damned things out.

I am most definitely not looking forward to the next generation of MS product.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Don't bet on it. From the small reference to it in the MS IE feedback 'group', it sounds like it's gonna be similar.

I've heard that they decided people were confused by the menu because things were just thrown in there regardless of whether it was intuitive. I can vouch for that because the menus in Office 11 apps (and people have been complaining about them for over 10 years now) appear thrown together willy-nilly with little or no thought at all.
    That doesn't mean that moving them to a 'bar' and giving them different names is a better idea than actually sorting the damned things out.

I am most definitely not looking forward to the next generation of MS product.
    I haven't tried the IE7 beta, but only because I fear change. Or maybe it's my, 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' attitude.

I think once we're forced into the Vista era, we'll be looking for XP visual styles.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

M$ also tell me it's safer and tidier but I'm not so sure since the toolbar area at the top is now fucking massive.
    I used to have the menus top left and address bar next to that on the right. Underneath that was the toolbar with added buttons to the right of those, and underneath these I had my links bar.
    Now I have an address bar at the top with a search box next to it, menus underneath and some links to the right (won't all fit in), some toolbar buttons are next and below these the 'command bar' - well, other toolbar buttons, actually.

Well at least you tried it ,no harm done as were stuck with IE for the long term . Hav'nt tryed myself as I don't see a need ,FF is fine for me .

Why did I think Busyman would post in this thread , not trolling either as you seem to swear by it Busy . If it works for you ,great no problem as my mom really prefers it too .

Ok Ok that was a hook line and sinker , but in jest .
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-14-2006 at 03:10 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

Well at least you tried it ,no harm done as were stuck with IE for the long term . Hav'nt tryed myself as I don't see a need ,FF is fine for me .

Why did I think Busyman would post in this thread , not trolling either as you seem to swear by it Busy . If it works for you ,great no problem as my mom really prefers it too .

Ok Ok that was a hook line and sinker , but in jest .
    Tbh, it's mainly 'cause IE7 is working faster than Opera for me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    You've got to be kidding me.

Move the shit around, ffs. You can turn shit off ya know. I don't have File Edit Favorites etc. even showing. I surf in full screen mode. The toolbar isn't even showing.

This has gotta be a
    No rod

Move which shit around? You can't:
    - put anything next to the 'Control Bar' (Bar Formerly Known As Tool)
    - remove the ghey search box
    Damn, you're right. I never thought about removing it.
    - move the (ridiculously wide) address bar, or put anything next to it, for that matter

I don't surf in fullscreen and the top of my IE6 window is three bars deep. MS brag that the new layout maximises the page-view but the top of IE7's window ends up 4 bars deep.

Mine is 3 bars deep without fullscreen mode.
    I have the Back/Forward, Address/Go, and Searchs boxs on the first.
    Links on the second.
    Favorites, Tabs, and Command Bar on the third.

If you enable tabbed mode, the 'Command Bar' gets shunted way off to the right, which cannot in the least be considered 'intuitive'.

True. I never thought about moving that either.

I don't dislike everything about IE7, just 95% of it. They finally appear to have noticed that IE couldn't print web pages properly without a third party plugin, and the phishing tool looks very useful, it's just that this is a great opportunity for MS to design a great browser, and they're completely fucking it up.
    Don't just take my word for it, take a look at the requests on MS' own newsgroup-type feedback thingumajig.

MS say "We Listened" when you install IE7 and I have to ask if they're hard of hearing.

I've installed the latest FF to see if it's improved much, but I'm not that impressed with it.
    Back using IE6 ATM.
    Question...why don't you like to surf in full screen?

I have to agree with you that you can't move as much shit around as I thought. I would like to make my address bar smaller. I don't need to see the fucking bone marrow of a url. The Command Bar can't be moved but I didn't care I guess since I now don't use the File/Edit/Fav bar anymore. The Command Bar takes up less space.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    The command bar wouldn't be so bad if I could put the other toolbar icons next to it - Epson & Acrobat currently - but they're stuck there.

I don't surf fullscreen because I like to have two open windows to FST; to the left I have the New Posts page and I drag post links to the right hand window to read them, thus making FST surfing a breeze. Of course, I've tried the tabs, but I find I have to be careful where I drag it that way whereas I don't even need to look what I'm doing this way.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I don't surf fullscreen because I like to have two open windows to FST; to the left I have the New Posts page and I drag post links to the right hand window to read them, thus making FST surfing a breeze. Of course, I've tried the tabs, but I find I have to be careful where I drag it that way whereas I don't even need to look what I'm doing this way.
    Makes Sense.. I still think you should give FF a second chance tough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast