Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What's with "FileSharingTalk.com Updates-fstadmin@gmail"?

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Well?

    What's this again?

    I'm not touching it with my ten-foot-pole.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    I think it's reality's email to members regarding the last email and what to do incase you still can't access the site.

  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

    I'm not touching it with my ten-foot-pole.
    I'd heard rumours, but thought Hobbes was exagerating...

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

    I'm not touching it with my ten-foot-pole.
    I'd heard rumours, but thought Hobbes was exagerating...



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    I think it's reality's email to members regarding the last email and what to do incase you still can't access the site.

    Glad someone asked I'v had a few PM 's from members asking the same questions tonite . Its a Yahoo link but they have a nasty Virus circulating so told them to delete and use their spam blocker .


    To be honest I was thinking Oh not again the forums going down ?

    Made me think ,why I'm not getting the e-mails ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-17-2006 at 01:12 AM.

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    It must be that 'charm' thing you have going for you, Peat.

    Weird stuff happened when I opened the first one I received and then when I tried to access the forum.

    The second one went to my bulk folder. I deleted it.

    I would hate the thought that I would have to start being charming in order not to receive these.

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced

    I'd heard rumours, but thought Hobbes was exagerating...

    lol..Paul, but it's true...and Seedler with his 6 inches..and growing..


    Yes I received this email too, it's from the same addy as here... https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1200...nload+%3F.html
    Last edited by thewizeard; 06-17-2006 at 06:25 AM.

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    The email FSTAdmin.at.gmail.com is an email for the site. The email which linked to cmc.coop which was NOT sent by us generated some question asking what the link was as it pointed to an empty page. The most recent email was an update to let members know to disregard the previous email. Additionally there were issues with some not having access to the site so that was addressed in the most recent email also...

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    The email FSTAdmin.at.gmail.com is an email for the site. The email which linked to cmc.coop which was NOT sent by us generated some question asking what the link was as it pointed to an empty page. The most recent email was an update to let members know to disregard the previous email. Additionally there were issues with some not having access to the site so that was addressed in the most recent email also...
    Actually, I traced the "cmc.coop" email, and it was sent by (or bounced off) the boards email system, even though the email address was wrong. It was probably related to the hack of rookie's account that rossco found.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •