Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't care about the World Cup?

DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    RealLifePixel could care less.

Nil-nil draws are boring, part of the excitement is the deadlock being broken.
    It's hot in Topeka.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    There is certain amount of irony in someone blatantly advertising a website where the idea is to watch a basically static image in the hopes that something changes whining that 0-0 draws are boring.

It's like a train spotter calling a bus spotter a geek.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard
    Quote Originally Posted by RealLifePixel
    I don't think of myself as an ignorant American, but when it comes to the World Cup though, man, I have a hard time faking concern. I don't care. And I think it is an ugly trophy too. And come on! How can any sport with a score of nothing/nothing be considered entertaining? I just don't get it.
    Look, you take our sports..like football.. and call it soccer, you take our game of rugby and call it football..you take out game of rounders and call it baseball.. so, if you haven't anything useful to say, then STFU...

nah...just kidding m8..you have your right to freedom of expression, just use it criticising your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...
    No you STFU.

1. We don't play rugby it is a different game, quite obviously.

2. The same goes for rounders.

3. You called the game, soccer, first.

4. Basketball was invented here.

Mmk?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I don't think of myself as an ignorant American, but when it comes to the World Cup though, man, I have a hard time faking concern. I don't care. And I think it is an ugly trophy too. And come on! How can any sport with a score of nothing/nothing be considered entertaining? I just don't get it.
    And you won't. I don't like the game as much either but I am a sports fan and can watch it..sometimes. As a matter of fact, I think I like it better than baseball.

To me, both games kinda suck. You just don't know whether you'll get an exciting game or not. I've seen baseball games where there'd be high score like 15 -13 but all the fucking scoring came after the 6th inning. Wtf?

I'll keep mainly watching my football and basketball 'cause I know there'll be excitement throughout the game. I think in soccer, because there is a lack a of scoring, when someone finally does score, it's a damn fireworks display for the fans. Most of the matches I watch though lead to disappointment.

To your title, I say World Cup Schmorld Cup. I'm watching the NBA Finals.

Btw isn't it odd that we are almost in July and the Finals are still goin' on?
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-17-2006 at 05:34 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    is it baseball where you merkins have the world series even though it's just american teams?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    And you won't. I don't like the game as much either but I am a sports fan and can watch it..sometimes. As a matter of fact, I think I like it better than baseball.

To me, both games kinda suck. You just don't know whether you'll get an exciting game or not. I've baseball games where there's be high score like 15 -13 but all the fucking scoring came after the 6th inning. Wtf?

I'll keep mainly watching my football and basketball 'cause I know there'll be excitement throughout the game. I think in soccer, because there is a lack a of scoring, when someone finally does score, it's a damn fireworks display for the fans. Most of the matches I watch though lead to disappointment.

To your title, I say World Schmorld Cup. I'm watching the NBA Finals.

Btw isn't it odd that we are almost in July and the Finals still goin' on?
    Agree.

I also think that before TV became a household item, that we had several other sports in the USA that had become quite popular. ie - football/baseball. When TV came about, they started televising those sports instead of soccer, and so started the separation of interest and it's been exponential ever since.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #17
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    is it baseball where you merkins have the world series even though it's just american teams?
    No, I think New Mexico have a team.
    It's hot in Topeka.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard

Look, you take our sports..like football.. and call it soccer, you take our game of rugby and call it football..you take out game of rounders and call it baseball.. so, if you haven't anything useful to say, then STFU...

nah...just kidding m8..you have your right to freedom of expression, just use it criticising your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...
    No you STFU.

Mmk?
    basketball is a girls game in engerland lololololololololololol

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    No you STFU.

Mmk?
    basketball is a girls game in engerland lololololololololololol
    Baseball, too.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Some teams are Canadian.

yo

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast