Thread: Question about password protected files like Lm5y5d9KRPX6

roy2000

Question Mark

Some group is posting a bunch of files with a password. I can find the password but where do I find out what movie it is???

They post : ZHmSnGPWpZmZ4BWRGBEWGfbpMh85.jpg

It opens up black but if you turn it to a txt file it says -

FILENAME=Lm5y5d9KRPX6

PASSWORD=WTvVkFrf4C3z

The files are there but where do you find out what the movie is???
    Many appear to be DVD9
    thanx

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    That's been around for quite awhile... apparently someone took the original file and turned in into a jpg for some unknown reason.

You need to put down your Newzbin account (if any) and start d/l'ing headers again, as the nfo and nzb (that contained the 'original' ZHmS...ect. file). The linkage between the posted files (the Lm5...) and the name/info is within that nfo/nzb 'pair'.

I've always been doing so, as 'good' posters always post an 'original' nzb whereas Newzbin and others sometimes (!) screw up the number/amount of files/pars in their 'listing'. Only takes a few minutes a day on the major groups.

All of these posts appear to be using the a.b.dvd9 NG, as most (if not all) are DVD9's, so it's really no big deal. Any good newsreader will find all the nfo and nzb files of a given newsgroup (without d/l'ing all the headers particularly), so that's where to start.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    roy2000
    found this on a.b.dvd9 - I guess you just watch for the nzb file. Unfortunately a lot of scrambleletter.rar fines are being posted and I really don't want to dl them until I know which movie it is. I you know what letters are the Howls Moving castle please post or email me.
    thanx
    roy

TRAPDOOR PRESENTS THE FOLLOWING
    *COMPLETE* NTSC DVD9/DVD5'S FOR JUNE:

THE TRUMAN SHOW SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION
    HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE D1
    HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE D2 (DVD5)
    XMEN 1.5 D1
    XMEN 1.5 D2
    XMEN 2 D1
    XMEN 2 D2
    ALIEN SE D1
    ALIEN SE D2
    ALIENS SE D1
    ALIENS SE D2
    ALIEN QUAD BONUS
    TRUE ROMANCE SE D1
    TRUE ROMANCE SE D2
    CRIMSON TIDE UNRATED
    THE NEW WORLD

COMING FOR JULY:

THE PRODUCERS (2005)
    ATLANTIS D1
    ATLANTIS D2
    ALIEN 3 SE D1
    ALIEN 3 SE D2
    ALIEN 4 SE D1
    ALIEN 4 SE D2
    TOWERING INFERNO SE D1
    TOWERING INFERNO SE D2
    WILD PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL
    BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
    AEON FLUX
    THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE SE D1
    THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE SE D2

MORE TO COME!

TRAPDOOR IS DEDICATED TO POSTING THE MOST ACCURATE, VIDEO_TS (NON-ISO) COMPATABLE
    DVD9 COMPILATIONS (READY FOR BURNING) FOR THE USENET COMMUNITY, WITH PREFERENCE
    GIVEN TO THOSE REVIEWED AS THE BEST VIDEO AND AUDIO AVAILABLE, WITH HIGH-QUALITY
    RE-ISSUES OF CLASSIC TITLES, IN FULL DVD9 FORMAT.

YOU MAKE THE DECISION! YOU DO THE RECODE/SPLIT/STRIP/DVD9, WHATEVER WAY YOU WANT!

WATCH FOR THE NFO/NZB/PASSWORDS TO BE POSTED IN THE DAYS AHEAD!

REMEMBER, USE ONLY THE ORIGINAL/POSTED NZB TO PROPERLY RETRIEVE THE PASSWORD FILE!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    The nfo/nzb pair were posted about 4 days ago, in a.b.dvd9, followed a couple days later by one not on the 'list', Robin Trower Living Out Of Time.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Why are they passwording the files?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    How do i find the password for Aeon Flux.rar

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1992
    How do i find the password for Aeon Flux.rar
    Read the messages. The only way to get that is to USE THE POSTED NZB file to d/l the files; within that will be the 'key' to unlock that particular file.

Unless I missed it, Aeon Flux hasn't been posted yet. I doubt that I did (missed it), as all of these are in a.b.dvd9.

A list of July posts is on the newsgroup, as well. Follow the instructions, keep your eye on the newsgroup, not on newzbin or any other 'nzb' type site.

For some reason, nobody is listing things here on this board, but have on others.

FYI, some of those boards are, as they say, 'no longer with us' as they were 'served notice'.

Also, if the release schedule keeps up it's speed, for Aeon Flux I'd say about 10 days from today
    (which would make it around 20 July), as Alien3 and 4 nfo/nzb's were posted sometime in the last 24hours.
    Last edited by Beck38; 07-12-2006 at 07:02 PM.