Thread: Ip Throttling With U-torrent!!

Hi There,

I recently swithched on my protocol encrytion and ive had speeds increasing up to 110Kbs a sec on a 1MB Tiscali broadband, and after a month it speeds up to only 20Kbs a sec on U-Torrent Application Software, acn you tell me how to solve this problem????????

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    I also have 1MB broadband in UK...

I don't think the problem is in Utorrent because I also get 118KB/s down speed..

I thnk the problem is with the torrents you are downloading..
    The more seeders you have the faster the download..

Less seeders and more leechers will cause you to have slow download speeds..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Dump Tiscali and get an ISP which doesn't throttle p2p.

I was having this very conversation with someone on Saturday night.

He argued that, for the same price, he couldn't find another ISP which didn't limit his downloads. I pointed out that his downloads were being limited if he couldn't use his bandwidth.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Dump Tiscali and get an ISP which doesn't throttle p2p.

I was having this very conversation with someone on Saturday night.

He argued that, for the same price, he couldn't find another ISP which didn't limit his downloads. I pointed out that his downloads were being limited if he couldn't use his bandwidth.
    I'm with NTL 1MB Broadband unlimited...The only problems I have is the customer service. But it isn't really that much of a big deal..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Hi there yes i was downloading at 110kbs a sec inthe morning between 9:00am to 11:00am but then the speed started falling down to 10kbs, can you tell what ports i should use or how to configure my windows firewall or reccommend me a good broadband package etc..

Thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by rejaul2005
    Hi there yes i was downloading at 110kbs a sec inthe morning between 9:00am to 11:00am but then the speed started falling down to 10kbs, can you tell what ports i should use or how to configure my windows firewall or reccommend me a good broadband package etc..

Thanks
    Your speed is being throttled by your ISP. Try encrypting your utorrent. If that doesnt work go for another ISP. Blueyonder (if you live in the UK) provide 2mb service (no throttling) for 17.99 a month. Try that i think it is well worth it.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Mariosh's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    u never use ur whole usage and thats it its bad i know