Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riaa After The Small Stuff Now

BANNED
    it does get anoying too my computer laggs while its busy blocking IPs

2. Music   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Blocks seem to come in waves. I've only blocked the RIAA twice, but damn if I don't block Telecom Italia 600+ times a day. Probably has something to do with eMule.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Music   -   #13
    porkshit
    weird, had another two blocks, from the same ip, the RIAA at about the same time. odd, could be like a wave thing i guess

4. Music   -   #14
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Peer Guardian is a joke. You have no idea what ISP the RIAA is going to use. Besides, they can access your computer thru a proxy server, in the same way that I do when I visit this site. A proxy server is like a go between, which provides a different IP then the one on your computer. Its kinda like putting "space" between you and them.

Stop wasting your time with that program, its just sucking up your resources.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Music   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler@4 May 2003 - 05:59
    Peer Guardian is a joke. You have no idea what ISP the RIAA is going to use. Besides, they can access your computer thru a proxy server, in the same way that I do when I visit this site. A proxy server is like a go between, which provides a different IP then the one on your computer. Its kinda like putting "space" between you and them.

Stop wasting your time with that program, its just sucking up your resources.
    You are so wrong.

Why knock something that does a good job at blocking the anti piracy groups.It has closed enough connections from RIAA,BayTSP,Warner Music for me to continue using it.

The version i use is not a resource hog at all.So if your going to diss something make sure you have your facts straight or you will look like a fool

6. Music   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by N£MO@4 May 2003 - 03:59
    Why knock something that does a good job at blocking the anti piracy groups.It has closed enough connections from RIAA,BayTSP,Warner Music for me to continue using it.

The version i use is not a resource hog at all.So if your going to diss something make sure you have your facts straight or you will look like a fool
    You have no proof that the RIAA/MPAA/FBI/Warner Music or any group is trying to reach you.

Also, I didn't say that it was a resource hog, just that its a virtually useless program, which does contribute to your resources getting used up. For all you know, you are blocking innocent people from reaching your machine, and contributing to the problems with the Kazaa network.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12