Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I love this show.

The dialogue, the action, it's just great.

This season is off to a great start as well. Can't wait for next week's show.

yo

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I love this show.

The dialogue, the action, it's just great.

This season is off to a great start as well. Can't wait for next week's show.
    Yep and it's the last season. There is talk of a wrap-up mini-series but it doesn't look good.

I don't watch the show.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-19-2006 at 10:11 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The first season was ace but the second season was as dull as dishwater, they shouldn't have made the most interesting character (Ian MacShane) be all but an invalid for the most part of the second series.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I haven't watched much of any season yet. I wasn't really impressed. It might be a cultural thing. I liked the Wire (the middle wasn't as good however) and Sopranos but Rome, Deadwood, Carnivale didn't do it for me.

HBO decided not to renew the contract for Deadwood probably due to many people not watching. Funny too that the later two have been cancel very early. I don't know if Rome has been renewed but it would seem unlikely to be canceled after only one season. I know that got shit ratings and was very expensive to produce.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I haven't watched much of any season yet. I wasn't really impressed. It might be a cultural thing. I liked the Wire (the middle wasn't as good however) and Sopranos but Rome, Deadwood, Carnivale didn't do it for me.

HBO decided not to renew the contract for Deadwood probably due to many people not watching. Funny too that the later two have been cancel very early. I don't know if Rome has been renewed but it would seem unlikely to be canceled after only one season. I know that got shit ratings and was very expensive to produce.
    The show is great, though I was worried how this season would be with the second season having such a slow second half, but it has come right out of the gates with some serious plot thickeners.

The other HBO shows like Carnivale, Rome, Entourage, etc I've never watched. I really don't have the time anymore and they just never really caught my eye anyhow. I hear entourage is good though.

yo

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

The show is great, though I was worried how this season would be with the second season having such a slow second half, but it has come right out of the gates with some serious plot thickeners.

The other HBO shows like Carnivale, Rome, Entourage, etc I've never watched. I really don't have the time anymore and they just never really caught my eye anyhow. I hear entourage is good though.
    Yeah I've been meaning to check that out. A lot of my coworkers watch it but sadly I have to start from square one.

I have to do the same with Alias. I missed so much of it that little by little, I'm going to start over.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Love that show problem is I can't watch it with the kids still up and of course I forget to tape it . Carnivale, Rome same problem wish they were on later .

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I do on the other hand love Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm. CYE is a must for anyone who liked Seinfeld.

yo

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I do on the other hand love Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm. CYE is a must for anyone who liked Seinfeld.
    You need to check out Lucky Louie. You will bust a gut.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast