Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ip Masking On Clients

gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I have recently seen some users on the utorrent (seeders and leechers) or peers that don't have the IP shown. Will it be possible for me to do that.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    if the client doesnt have the i.p, how can it connect to them? i dont see how this would be possible. i like the idea that peerguardian can see the i.p of the person im connecting to too, not knowing the i.p is a bad thing.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I know but you see i have seen some where they show no IP address whatsoever yet im seeding/leeching of them. This must mean there must be a way of masking IP from people seeing them but not for client.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva
    I know but you see i have seen some where they show no IP address whatsoever yet im seeding/leeching of them. This must mean there must be a way of masking IP from people seeing them but not for client.

utorrent does not show them use a different client and it will show them.
    Mr Angry

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    utorrent shows me the i.p or every single seed/peer i connect to.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    when i use utorrent it doesnt sometimes
    Mr Angry

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    If you can connect to someone your client has the IP of that person.
    If motivated it's a simple script to find out what that IP is. I don't see the point in trying to hide what you can't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I see lets just leave it at that shall we.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DISABLED PRIVS
    discard it, i know a tracker that mask users ips with fake ones, wich means that to get your real ip, someone would have to go trough the tracker first, so, if you are using a good private tracker forget about the ips you see, cause probably they aren't real, the ips you see are just masks

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ownage
    discard it, i know a tracker that mask users ips with fake ones, wich means that to get your real ip, someone would have to go trough the tracker first, so, if you are using a good private tracker forget about the ips you see, cause probably they aren't real, the ips you see are just masks

If a tracker was sending out fake IP's then no one could connect to anyone.

An IP is basically your phone number.
    Without the right IP (phone number), you can't connect to the right people. Any torrent on such a tracker would be worthless... except maybe a laugh at all the pissed off noobs using it.

A private tracker is only has good as the people using it.
    Ask yourself these questions; how hard was it for me to get in? Do I think that some tech geek hired by the RIAA/MPAA is less skilled than me and could not get in?

That's how safe your private tracker is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast