Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HBO Busted me d/ling Entourage today

Tell them if you moniter what you download again you will press charges against invasion of privacy.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    "Once you realize how unsafe it is you either have balls of steel, or just don't care if you still use BT.
    Believe it or not there is much better ways to get stuff out there."

you say Torrents are unsafe, maybe but not as much as P2P like limewire. also,let me guess your other method to get files is to pay for them. if not what else is there??

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gish
    "Once you realize how unsafe it is you either have balls of steel, or just don't care if you still use BT.
    Believe it or not there is much better ways to get stuff out there."

you say Torrents are unsafe, maybe but not as much as P2P like limewire. also,let me guess your other method to get files is to pay for them. if not what else is there??

There is no safe source of p2p.

You can use any IP blocker (ie PG) and if you number's up your still going down. With BitTorrent in a matter of seconds I can join a swarm and have every peer's IP. I don't even have to connect to that person, so IP blockers are useless.

The only reason the MPAA/RIAA haven't exploited this vulnerability is their own good graces. They really don't want to sue everyone they find (I'm sure this is a shocker!). It's not good business, it's not profitable, it's not popular - but it does keep the masses scared and downloads from happening.

I'm not here to 'pimp' anything.
    There's safer and faster ways. Find them for yourself.
    Last edited by Broken; 06-23-2006 at 05:40 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Just gotta love these BT fanboys. And yes FrostWire OSS (~LimeWire Pro) is much safer than BT.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Just gotta love these BT fanboys. And yes FrostWire OSS (~LimeWire Pro) is much safer than BT.
    I have to agree.
    The lower number of unknown peers you connect to the safer you are. There tends to be less peers per file on the kazaa like programs such as limewire... so mathmaticly it is safer.

Currently, the RIAA/MPAA are not prosecuting those that only download. I believe there is still the option of not sharing anything with limewire and that equals total safety.

Notice, the key word is safer. Not better content.
    Last edited by Broken; 06-23-2006 at 07:17 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    [QUOTE=Broken]
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb

Currently, the RIAA/MPAA are not prosecuting those that only download. I believe there is still the option of not sharing anything with limewire and that equals total safety.

Notice, the key word is safer. Not better content.

A little selfish though, don't you think?

Why the hell can't anyone make a p2p program that simply doesn't report your ip??? I hear about ANts and MUTE but those programs are still years away from any kind of stable versions. The solution to me is simple...no broadcasting of IP, nobody knows where you are. Now, if i only I had any idea whatsoever how to make a computer program!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Without an IP you can't connect to someone.
    It's like trying to make a phone call without a phone number.

I don't think anyone has figured out how to do that yet.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If its so unsafe then why are millions of people doing it without any repercussion what are they gonna wait and arrest all of us?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Not every place in the world is subject to US copyright laws. So, not everyone is violating any laws.

As I said above. Even though they (RIAA/MPAA ect.) could go law suit crazy and sue 3 thousand pirates next month they won't. It's not good business... there's vurtially no potential to recover any meaningful amount of money. Infact, the average settlement is only about $3,000 which isn't even enough to cover legal cost. Besides the money, sueing isn't popular. To go one step too far could result in public outrage and legal reform.

The idea right now is just to crusify a few lucky souls to scare the masses, preventing those that do not from doing. They don't have to sue everyone to make a point. AND, there is no reason the next example couldn't be you.

Just because you haven't been sued doesn't mean they haven't seen you.
    It just means that you're lucky they didn't pick you out of the list.
    Last edited by Broken; 06-23-2006 at 06:10 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by gish

Newsgroups.

yo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast