Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I Over Burn?

BANNED
    ok i have 80min CDs which hold 700mb i know u can burn audio as data but my CD player is old and cant play MP3 playback so it wont read it as data my My Burner does support over burning , my question is how much can I overburn a 8omin cd as doing it as audio??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I don't think there is an exact answer to this because it depends on your burner and the brand of discs you're using. Generally speaking I think you should try not to go over 82 minutes. Nero let's you select exactly how much you want to overburn, but it also warns you that it can damage you burner. Personally I only use it if my compilation or movie is only a few seconds over 80.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    thanks for warning me nightwolf

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i have a slightly more informative answer lol if ur using a cd-r that's 80min/700 mb u can usally overburn to about 807mb hope that helps a lil

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    i have a slightly more informative answer lol  if ur using a cd-r that's 80min/700 mb u can usally overburn to about 807mb hope that helps a lil
    Im not talking about burning it as data only as audio which is 80min so megs dont matter coz my CD player is an old piece of shit which will only read audio CDs until i get a new stero then i have to deal with this

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i know what ur talking about and mins don't matter to much they go by file size! i know i've had over 100 min on one cd but they were really low quility tracks so the file size were really small... for exp if you have a song thats only 5mins but is really really good quilty and is 807 mb u can't add more cause the cd will be full!even though i don't think u'll find a file like that lol i was just using it as an example... Do u understand what im saying or maybe im not wording it right

ohh and just too make sure im not confused ur talking about standard audio cd's with wav files right???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    sorry freak but im confusing for example if i had 10 tracks which were MP3s lets just say 90megs about 50 mins ok what ur saying is i have 610 megs left to play with it wont work ive tryed it Nero just says errrr wont fit i cant burn it as audio

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ok im lost lol are you burning an mp3 cd or a standard cd? and if it's a standard audio cd are u useing nero to convert ur mp3's to wav???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    im just burning an audio CD using Nero drag droping MP3 tracks my CD player wont read it if i burn as data but will only read it as burnt as audio which means the CD player will red it if its as data then u can fit up to 700mb where time isnt a factor but in my case as audio it is

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    try using an external program to convert ur mp3's to wav first. u maybe able to fit more if u do it this way. i've had troubles droping and dragging mp3's to nero and haveing it covert on the fly! i really don't like nero though i use cd mate i think its better and i get better overburns with it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast