Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't care about the World Cup?

RealLifePixel's Avatar Real Life Pixel .com
    I don't think of myself as an ignorant American, but when it comes to the World Cup though, man, I have a hard time faking concern. I don't care. And I think it is an ugly trophy too. And come on! How can any sport with a score of nothing/nothing be considered entertaining? I just don't get it.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i'm engerlish and i dun care much

3. Lounge   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It's a sport that grows on you . I know JP will insert some reference to my boys playing the game but its like chess on grass ? Some people well never get it but to the few that do , beautiful sport .

Sorry my reference was meant for the North American sport fan .
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-17-2006 at 02:43 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Soccer in the US isn't that big.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Lounge   -   #5
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i have the same sentiment as you. in the united states soccer just isn't popular for some reason. playing fifa is fun though.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RealLifePixel
    I don't think of myself as an ignorant American, but when it comes to the World Cup though, man, I have a hard time faking concern. I don't care. And I think it is an ugly trophy too. And come on! How can any sport with a score of nothing/nothing be considered entertaining? I just don't get it.
    Look, you take our sports..like football.. and call it soccer, you take our game of rugby and call it football..you take out game of rounders and call it baseball.. so, if you haven't anything useful to say, then STFU...

nah...just kidding m8..you have your right to freedom of expression, just use it criticising your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard
    ...your own sports..oh but you can't, as you haven't invented any of your own yet...
    Dodgeball?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Lounge   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    .. I was forgetting the dodge ball, your goal keeper plays that I believe..

Edit: PS. I don't really "care" about the world cup, ReaLifePixel...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 06-17-2006 at 07:08 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RealLifePixel
    You don't have to like it. If you don't like it don't watch it. Or, better yet, go to the effort of making a thread on an interweb forum to express your apathy of it.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    It's a sport that grows on you . I know JP will insert some reference to my boys playing the game but its like chess on grass ? Some people well never get it but to the few that do , beautiful sport .

Sorry my reference was meant for the North American sport fan .
    1. It is absolutely nothing like chess on grass. Chess is a batle simulation, where players each take a turn to move a piece and pieces are removed from the board as they are "taken". That is one of the worst analogies I have ever heard.

2. "to the few that do" what the fuck does that mean. Football is the World's sport and is played and watched by hundreds of millions of viewers, all over the World. Over a billion people will watch the World cup final. How in the name of fuck is that "the few that do".

You Americans are so parochial it sickens everyone else. Association football is a much bigger game than any of the sports, specifically designed to be advert friendly, that you play / watch.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast