Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is LImewire Pro faster than free version?

Only one person here is saying that there is no difference in them as far as the sped is concerned..

ummm.............
    Crazy about filesharing

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Quoted from SpywareInfo.com:
    " Limewire (The most current version of Limewire is reported to include spyware. LimeWire 4.9.28 is clean. Older and newer version may not be.)"

As part of my job I have had to cleanup many a PC that was infected by Limewire or had become infected soon after. I think that third party spyware comes in after the fact and that is how their making the claim of not being included.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Definitely faster than the free version.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    spenz's Avatar Friendly guy BT Rep: +5
    For me the difference would be the time the free version and the PRO version would activate the TURBO mode and the amount of search it has acquired. While PRO version instantly activates its TURBO mode on the moment it starts up, the free version would take a while. but once they are both on turbo mode speed is equal the second advantage of PRO version is the amount of search acquisition it will get, a staggering amount that the free version won't come close. And there are rumor that the PRO version is the real non spyware/malware version and taht the free version would get spywares after installing it for about 15-30days onwards then that's the time they will sneak some spywares to the system of an unfortunate number of free clients. Luckily never used a free one, some of my friends does and that's what they complained about. ^_^

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by spenz
    For me the difference would be the time the free version and the PRO version would activate the TURBO mode and the amount of search it has acquired. While PRO version instantly activates its TURBO mode on the moment it starts up, the free version would take a while. but once they are both on turbo mode speed is equal the second advantage of PRO version is the amount of search acquisition it will get, a staggering amount that the free version won't come close. And there are rumor that the PRO version is the real non spyware/malware version and taht the free version would get spywares after installing it for about 15-30days onwards then that's the time they will sneak some spywares to the system of an unfortunate number of free clients. Luckily never used a free one, some of my friends does and that's what they complained about. ^_^
    Nice answer dude.
    Crazy about filesharing

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    If you don't want to pay, just download it from limewire. Seems to easy because it is very easy to do.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    AsuYank213727's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I don't think it is any faster, and haven't really noticed a difference in the search results either. Maybe they just use other user's bandwith more willingly.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    its a bit faster, but it always depends on the number of seeders (users) that have the file

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12