Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows repair gone wrong... Computer won't boot.

erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    I had a missing hal.dll issue last year. Dont remember how i fixed it though (recovery console i think).

But searching hal.dll gets a lot of hits on google. See if you can find any useful information on solving the issue..

As for the MBR issue, thats probably a boot loader issue. The recovery console on the XP install disk will fix it. Just enter the command "FIXMBR" (without the quotes)
    Last edited by erRor67; 06-25-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› BT Rep: +1
    ^ I think I'm just going to format the entire drive and reinstall Windows. I might even dual boot with Linux after using the LiveCD's. Thanks alot for all of the help.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickthestick91
    ^ I think I'm just going to format the entire drive and reinstall Windows. I might even dual boot with Linux after using the LiveCD's. Thanks alot for all of the help.

Ah probably for the best sorry we could n't help , sounds like you know what your doing tho . Good luck and keep us posted .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    ^ Yup, I just reformatted about an hour ago. I installed all my drivers and security programs so far. Right now, it's installing the updates from Windows Update... all 58 of them. It's gonna take like an hour and a half. Next I'll install all of the other programs that I use, and then I'll make an unattended install disk with all of these updates slipstreamed. Anyone know a good tutorial on how to do that?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Should be one on our forum under guides .

Here : https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forum...&daysprune=365
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-26-2006 at 02:22 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickthestick91
    ^ Yup, I just reformatted about an hour ago. I installed all my drivers and security programs so far. Right now, it's installing the updates from Windows Update... all 58 of them. It's gonna take like an hour and a half. Next I'll install all of the other programs that I use, and then I'll make an unattended install disk with all of these updates slipstreamed. Anyone know a good tutorial on how to do that?
    For tutorials on unattended shit, check this: http://unattended.msfn.org/

Also, i recommend getting a free program called nLite (just came out final recently).

nLite is a great tool for creating unattended XP installation CDs. Very easy to do (theres a guide on the site if you get stuck). You can remove programs you dont want from the disk. Even set your own settings so you have to config less after installation.

As for slipstreaming, nlite does this too but I do it manually. SP2 can be slipstreamed by using the -s switch. Post SP2 updates can be slipstreamed using Ryanvm's updater.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ^ Thanks for the links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12