Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azureus Banned ?

I used Azureus extensively last year, and then quit for a while & uninstalled.

Recently, I reinstalled and started sharing again. Noticed this time that while Torrent Harvester will list a torrent as having an adequate number of Seeds, when Azureus starts to download it that number is divided between some seeds "active" and some are in paranthesis. The same thing for Peers.

For example, a torrent that has 32 Seeds and 129 Peers will look like this in Azureus's console:

Peers: 7 (25)
    Seeds: 38 (91)

I asked this question on what I thougth was the "official" Azureus forum, and either no one knows or no one goes there. Anyways, just a few minutes ago I read a post from someone that says that Azureus is banned from many trackers because it can be modified in ways that are harmful to everyone else (I have no idea exactly how). But I remember last year reading similar things about BitLord, and yet that still seems to be used. They were also talking about banning BitComet back then, which I used at the time. In fact, it was all the talk about banning BitComet that caused me to try Azureus. (I like Azureus much better, for many reasons.)

Is any of this true, about the banning etc... ?

Either way, why is it that I never have as many Seeds as I am supposed to, and why are some of them enclosed in paranthesis ?

If it is because of some "ban" from certain trackers, is there anything I can do about it, or do I need to change P2P clients ?

If so, which is best ?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    No way azereus is banned from trackers.Bitcomet yes but not azereus.Also check out Utorrent it is my favorite.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 06-25-2006 at 05:33 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    citizenblue's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS
    I just read this somewhere today but can't remember where.
    Azureus is definately banned on some tracker, but i can't remember which one, it just happened.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Wow that is pretty suprising to me i wonder why they would do that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Found the story, it is wildbites that banned azureus.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro120
    ...Copied straight from the main page of Wild-Bites.org...

Show/Hide - Jun-14-06 - Azureus - (demonchild)
    Unfortunately due to the amount of bad user’s we have, we are having to ban one of your favourite clients. The sheer weight of the amount of cheaters we have trying to do so with this client is causing us no end of problems. We have to run many scripts that are slowing down the site for all because of this.

So as of 10pm GMT Friday 16th all versions of Azureus will be banned.

We recommend u switch to one of the following client’s

Utorrent
    Bittorrent
    Bittornado
    Bitcomet

You will need the latest version of which ever client you chose as older version will be banned too...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    There are some trackers banned the client Azureus dunno what the reason behind but from the start i use torrent ive been an Azureus user but the only banned i encounter is port banning... U could try uTorrent or Bitcomet...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by citizenblue

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro120
    ...Copied straight from the main page of Wild-Bites.org...

Show/Hide - Jun-14-06 - Azureus - (demonchild)
    Unfortunately due to the amount of bad user’s we have, we are having to ban one of your favourite clients. The sheer weight of the amount of cheaters we have trying to do so with this client is causing us no end of problems. We have to run many scripts that are slowing down the site for all because of this.

So as of 10pm GMT Friday 16th all versions of Azureus will be banned.

We recommend u switch to one of the following client’s

Utorrent
    Bittorrent
    Bittornado
    Bitcomet

You will need the latest version of which ever client you chose as older version will be banned too...
    So they will let people use Bitcomet but not Azureus?

Strange....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    jounior's Avatar offline for exam BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    on the wild-bytes.org azureus banned

9. BitTorrent   -   #9

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by jounior
    on the wild-bytes.org azureus banned
    I mentioned that earlier in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenblue

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    justinius23's Avatar Poster
    i hope utorrent never gets banned from anywhere. i love it too much to change.
    you look like i need a drink....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast