Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Futurama Returns!

Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    It's Official: Futurama Returns!
    Fry and the gang will be back for at least 13 new episodes on Comedy Central.

June 23, 2006 - Futurama fans can finally celebrate, as a long rumored revival of the series is going forward. For several months now there had been word that the show -- which ran on FOX from 1999 to 2003 -- could be coming back, particularly after the return of animated favorite Family Guy and a last minute renewal/return of King of the Hill seemed to prove there was an increasing confidence in the overall fandom and long term prospects for series of this type. Earlier this year, Futurama voice actor Billy West actually stated on his website that the show's return was a done deal, only to recant the statement. However, he did continue to say something was in the works, whether it be more episodes or direct-to-DVD movies.

Now we have official and definite word the show itself will be returning, with 13 brand new episodes set to air on Comedy Central. Like Family Guy, Futurama proved its popularity and earned its return thanks both to DVDs and also to repeats on Cartoon Network. Apparently there had been some negotiations needed in order to secure the return of the cast, but that is now resolved and all of the major voice over talent, including West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio will return to tell new tales about Fry, a pizza delivery boy who ends up 1000 years in the future.

The deal to produce new episodes of Futurama goes in tandem with Comedy Central's acquisition of the 72 previously produced Futurama episodes, after Cartoon Network's current deal ends. Fans shouldn't exactly hold their breath in anticipation, since Comedy Central will not be airing either the old or any of the new episodes until 2008.
    I love this show

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Hell yes seriously, Fox has got to be the most stupidest broadcaster of them all.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    thats great
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I've always thought Futurama was waaay better than the Simpsons.

Damn! have to wait til 2008 to possibly see any new episodes? What the hell? I thought they had sweatshops to crank out cartoons har har!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wukka
    I've always thought Futurama was waaay better than the Simpsons.

Damn! have to wait til 2008 to possibly see any new episodes? What the hell? I thought they had sweatshops to crank out cartoons har har!
    You're not alone, Simpsons was great up until Season 9-10-ish, it blows now. Anyone that still watches it must need spoonfeeding or someone to tell them what to watch or what's good.

Either way, can't wait for the new season, hopefully they'll be good.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    great news! i like the simpsons and still do, but they should had taken a break from it and focused on futurama a little while longer. either way, i like cartoons. i'm happy.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    great news! i like the simpsons and still do, but they should had taken a break from it and focused on futurama a little while longer. either way, i like cartoons. i'm happy.

Yup

Bender: "Your best is an idiot!" hahah

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Isn't Simpsons and Futurama from same ppl. When was the last simpsons ep made ? Simpsons is still on tv, but i don't think that futurama will be as successful.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Isn't Simpsons and Futurama from same ppl. When was the last simpsons ep made ? Simpsons is still on tv, but i don't think that futurama will be as successful.
    Matt Groening and of course it won't be as successful, it already isn't.

The Simpsons has been on since '89. Futurama came out much later and was canceled.

I like Futurama better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast