Thread: Mic

Right, I just brought a mic headset from the guy who I get my disks from, and I just cant seem to get it working. It came with a black connection and a red connection, so I put the black connection in the light green socket, and the red connection in the light pink socket, but the mic does not work...although I get the output from the rest of the headset. I did move the red connector into the blue socket, but it made no differance, so I put it back into the pink socket.

I just can not work out why the mic is not working, I know it probebrly sounds like a noobish question, afterall how hard can it be to get a mic to work....oh yea, the headset came with no instructions. So any help would be great.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

Make sure you haven't got "Mute" ticked, as indicated.

If you don't see one for microphone, choose to display it, with Options.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Oh yea, I had a little play, nothing is muted. And the computer is set up for headsets as the best option.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Good-oh! I only mention it because I've made that mistake before...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Lol, no no, I did go through the volume options, one of the first things I did.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    The mic really does go into the pink plug. Do you have the correct sound drivers? If you still get nothing then the mic is probably defective.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    What mobo?

Some are set by default to use the connectors for 5.1 output but can be configured (via drivers) for 4.0+mic or 2.0+mic+line
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.