Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Know How Much Fresh Rate (hz)my Monitor..

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    no it doesnt.

If you use vsync, at 1280 x 1024, the most fps you will get is 60 cuz vsync lets ur fps go no higher they ur refresh rate...

most people i know who game, at least my CS friends, dont use vsync, cuz it sucks, and getting better fps is usually better feeling then having ur montior rate, and fps in sync. so turn off vsync, is my reccomnedation, and get what ever fps ur card will give you...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Somebody1234+2 May 2003 - 09:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Somebody1234 @ 2 May 2003 - 09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Crack_man@2 May 2003 - 10:11
    <!--QuoteBegin--Somebody1234
    @2 May 2003 - 16:09
    What monitor?

Look up that information in its specs.

You know the thing which Im starring at now wen I typing this letter,and how do I look up the specifics?
    Yeah, I cannot see it. Maybe you could tell us if it says &#39;Sony&#39; or something like that??? Also its model number.[/b][/quote]

I always just keep my refresh rate set to &#39;Optimal&#39;. That seems to work best for me.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@3 May 2003 - 23:57
    no it doesnt.

If you use vsync, at 1280 x 1024, the most fps you will get is 60 cuz vsync lets ur fps go no higher they ur refresh rate...

most people i know who game, at least my CS friends, dont use vsync, cuz it sucks, and getting better fps is usually better feeling then having ur montior rate, and fps in sync. so turn off vsync, is my reccomnedation, and get what ever fps ur card will give you...
    Thats true,I alwayz get only 60 fps but turning off vsync let me have 100 fps when playing Counterstrike.Thank you fo the tip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12