Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa -- No Hq Mp3

Kazaa is the best p2p client with fastest speeds. However i am disappointed with the quality of the mp3. Why so many ppl rip bad mp3 yeah, doing the donkey networks but its f* slow. yeah, i wish more HQ mp3 could be found on kazaa.

Soulseek is OK, but most of the mp3 there are 128-192, not even VBRs, and it has some speed limitations. i am fast and can upload with probably 100++ kB/sec..soulseek does not utilize that. Anybody posted tips for findin HQ musin in kazaa .. tried them, almost nothing shows up.

Anybod ygot any other tips suggestions for good mp3s on kazaa?

2. Music   -   #2
    BANNED
    Yes the quality of mp3s on kazaa isnt that good and is getting worse. soulseek is the best there is well the best I have used so far for mp3s I cant understand why u get low speed i get better speeds from SS more then kazaa

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by KurtCocain@2 May 2003 - 12:16
    i am fast and can upload with probably 100++ kB/sec..soulseek does not utilize that.
    Thats funny.I just downloaded a album from a guy on there at around 103.

4. Music   -   #4
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Yesterday i saw a user with an upload speed of 750+

5. Music   -   #5
    Anybod ygot any other tips suggestions for good mp3s on kazaa?
    You should be asking for tips or suggestions for using SoulSeek, not Kazaa.

Soulseek is OK, but most of the mp3 there are 128-192, not even VBRs, and it has some speed limitations. i am fast and can upload with probably 100++ kB/sec..soulseek does not utilize that. Anybody posted tips for findin HQ musin in kazaa .. tried them, almost nothing shows up.
    I've downloaded at speeds well over 100 Kbps from many different users on SoulSeek. You just need to spend a little time using the 'search' function, find a user with a nice speed, and the send him/her a PM introducing yourself and try to get added to their list. I never start a download from someone new unless I've talked to them first, and because of this courtesy, I'm on the buddy list of MANY users who give me download speeds of 50 - 100 Kbps.

Also, close to half the MP3s I've seen lately have been ripped @VBR. It is becoming more and more popular.

If you are a music collector, I recommend going back and trying SoulSeek, as you will get QUALITY FULL ALBUMS there. However, if you want a bunch of mixed-up MP3 singles, stick with Kazaa - I personally think it's a waste of time collecting 1000's of singles, and since I left Kazaa such a long time ago, I cannot even see that app in my rear-view mirror.

Hope this helped,

Tchau!

6. Music   -   #6
    Double post due to K-Lite Forum Server Lag............not my fault.

Entire post deleted.

7. Music   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by KurtCocain@2 May 2003 - 13:16
    Kazaa is the best p2p client with fastest speeds. However i am disappointed with the quality of the mp3. Why so many ppl rip bad mp3 yeah, doing the donkey networks but its f* slow. yeah, i wish more HQ mp3 could be found on kazaa.
    Lots of us share 192kbps rips, and some live stuff at VBR. You just have to keep looking, and when you find a user with lots of good shit, download it all!
    Proud member of MDS

8. Music   -   #8
    porkshit
    ye like Jibbler. He has the best shit!

9. Music   -   #9
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I like new music too. I also like sharing.
    Proud member of MDS

10. Music   -   #10
    on a related matter..

i heard the .ogg format is the way to go?

can anyone explain?

the site is http://www.vorbis.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast